BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW has launched a campaign to help educate drivers about the dangers of driving while distracted. They posted a new video to Youtube today showcasing their concern...

What do you think of the way they are delivering the message? Does watching that video make you less likely to pick up your phone while driving?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it just me or does BMW like to make fun of Americans in their commercials? This one and then Diesel Superbowl commercial comes to mind.

Tim
I think as a rule we are perceived as more focused on our kids safely in some silly ways than other countries ... and then do things that are inconsistent with that perceived focus ... or, they're just making fun of us :thumbup:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm a little disappointed in BMW branding itself as the "nice, caring, car company next-door!" It's a BMW, not a subaru. I'm all for greater awareness about not texting while driving, but I'm seeing this as just the latest step in BMW's decline from car built for driving enthusiasts, to car built for soccer-moms and middle-management lexus converts.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I'm a little disappointed in BMW branding itself as the "nice, caring, car company next-door!" It's a BMW, not a subaru. I'm all for greater awareness about not texting while driving, but I'm seeing this as just the latest step in BMW's decline from car built for driving enthusiasts, to car built for soccer-moms and middle-management lexus converts.
BMW decided to go the mainstream route a few years ago. Duh. Have you seen the X3 advert? It literally caters towards that demographic, with the football-mom and family image.

That's okay. VW is trundling down the same path. The new Jetta advert should say "Mediocre for the price of good." and the Passat is about 3 metres of automotive wallpaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.