BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G30 5 Series revealed

While announcing Remote 3D View capabilities coming on the G30 5 Series BMW showed off a clear overhead view. They were careful not to reveal many details we didn't already know but it does show much cleaner lines than the artist rendering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5WCoxkGboc

The rest of the driving footage is intentionally blurry so little additional details are visible. The G30 5 Series starts production in October. Official details should be coming in the next two weeks.

Next Gen 2017 5 Series Colors, Interior and Ordering Guide

G30 5 Series

G30 5 Series

Attachments

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Leaks usually contain useful information. This stuff is of no value except to the person that wrote it.

·
cor door sedan
1,161 Posts
I'll take whatever I can get right now. In anxious for the new 5 to be revealed.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts

·
cor door sedan
1,161 Posts
How do you like the i3?
I love the i3. It solves most of the big issues I had with the 550. It feels quick. Throttle response and torque are instant regardless of speed. Steering is quick and tight (compared to the 5). It's super smooth.

But I very much miss the 5 and want one back. i3 lease is up in Nov 2017. I'd like to get a 540 or M5 (no more 550 for me).

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
After careful comparison of the front and rear lights to the 7 series, yes it looks like this is a 7 series. But why would BMW camouflage a 7 series on 31 Aug 20016?

ASenna04
It might be an M760.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What is the difference between 3-D remote view and the composite overhead view we get now that is part of Parking Assist? Do the cameras installed around the vehicle have lenses with wider views (eg fisheye lenses)? Do the new cameras offer zoom capability? How does this work?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.