BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's Up Everyone, I'm new to the fest and have a 2005 3.0 X3 Titanium Sliver on Black/Premium/Heated Seats. I love everything about it and do my best to wash it every weekend to keep it looking great.

I live in North NJ and do a lot of parallel parking. This past Monday, as I was on my way to pick up some food, I noticed that some J*rkoff had brushed up too close (probably overtaking someone) and has left a streak from the driver-side rear to front side doors and also scratched off paint on the door handle.:bawling: To make things worse I also noticed that there is a scratch on the bottom part of the driver side fender about 5 inches long and somewhat deep, which I'm assuming was probably the same idiot. :mad:

I am thinking of taking it to Park Ave BMW where I purchased to see if they could do some touch up work and bodywork to take out the dents and make it look as if she was prior to this happening. I've never had this experience so I'm hesitate to go to them directly, knowing they will probably mark my file and still charge me when I turn it in from lease.

I've thought about taking it to other non-BMW but European-only auto shops that may specialize in BMW work and paint but not sure of any reputable ones.

I've been told that if I just leave it as is and wait until the lease is up, I will simply pay the charge for the damage and possibly have this tacked on to my lease payments, but I don't think I'd want to drive around with a dented and scratched X3 as this will eat me up inside.

Any advice from anyone with similar story?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe JMK in Springfield has a better shop that Park Ave. Not sure if they would do work on a lease? Might want to call them first. Good Luck

·
My M...not Hers
1,159 Posts
I would get it fixed wherever you feel you can get quality work. Any good shop should be able to match the paint. I do not think you have to disclose this at turn-in. Only if it was in an accident.

just a thought- have it repaired with your insurance. This kind of claim is not chargeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.