BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am in virginia and my current 535GT lease ends 02/22/2019. It is a great deal and I am looking for sth similar now. Ready to buy.

Current lease:
2015 BMW 535GT Xdrive,
MSRP $72K, Demo.
12K miles per year
$0 down, roll tags and sales tax into payments
7 Multiple security deposit
BMW loyalty
Shipped from GA to VA.

Payment is $525 per month. Looking for a good CA to do a new lease asap. PM or email me at [email protected]

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,691 Posts
Don’t expect anything near that these days. Those deals are long gone. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Don’t expect anything near that these days. Those deals are long gone. Good luck.
Yep..

Even if the OP is willing to look at the albatross car that is the 6GT, OP will not get anywhere near that kind of deal. Interest rate are higher, MSD discount is lower, and even with aggressive discounts OP wont be anywhere near that.

In fact, its likely OP has already seen this, which is why OP is posting here thinking that forum dealers can get there.

I dont think even a unicorn deal will get to where OP was, since OPs deal was basically that type of deal back when the deals were really good. Ops car was likely an executive demo.

Anyway, OP check with Greg Poland at pacific BMW. If anyone can get an aggressive deal, he can, but if your idea of "aggressive" deal is what you had before, you likely need to start looking at other brands.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both. It is be sad if no way to get BMW numbers to work. So which bands have good lease deal now?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,849 Posts
Hyundai, Kia.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
OP a Great deal now on a 6Gt would likely have you have a car with 1% of MSRP as a payment (and I mean great deal)... so your 72k MSRP deal for 720 (not 525). On just about anything else, you will be paying more than 1% of MSRP... and likely a decent amount more. You either need to:

1. Shop for a car with a similar payment, which would be an outgoing 330 or something (big step down from a luxury standpoint).
2. Think about buying your current car (directly from BMW FS as there are no longer lease buyout deals direct from dealers (without going through a work around). That 5Gt would likely have 4k reduction from residual from BMW FS. If you are interested in keeping it, call FS and see what they say.
3. Look for an executive demo (knowing that since you did yours, BMW has changed the RV calculations and cut off that gravy train for super optioned cars for super low prices like yours).
4. Look at other brands, and realize that BMW basically just leveled the pricing of their cars to the "other" german brands, rather than bargain basement pricing. Merc / Audi will be similar pricing, even though you might get a bigger discount, once you put the RVs money factors etc together and get to a price on a similar MSRP car.

BTW, kia and hyundai Do have decent deals right now I think, and they make really nice looking cars right now... If one can get past the issue of leaving home with a BMW and coming back with a Kia / Hyundai.

You could also try Lexus. In any case, stick to sedans if you want best discount as anything SUV related is moving pretty well for all of the german brands.

I dont think you are getting a NEW car with 72k MSRP for anything less than a payment in the high 700s, and with everything rolled in, its likely going to be more like the mid 800s, even for a GT car that almost no one wants. For anything else, a 72k MSRP with 12k miles and everything rolled in is likely going to be around 900 to 950 with 12k miles and "everything" rolled in.

This has nothing to do with a "good CA", its just math. My 2016 I had an effective money factor of .00066 with all the MF reduction stacking. My existing Lease I just got from BMW in January, its .00147, and I qualify for the same stuff, but its not available. If "good deal" means what you had back then, then you wont be driving BMWs... this is the new reality.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Any board sponsors near Charlotte? Will probably be leasing a new X5 within next 3-6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Any board sponsors near Charlotte? Will probably be leasing a new X5 within next 3-6 months.

I dont think there are very many "board sponsors" at all for bimmerfest, since it was sold. If you are looking at picking up locally, vs shipping a car to you, you will need to just look at your local dealers.

If you are open to having a car shipped to you, then contact Greg Poland at Pacific BMW who ships all over the country. With that being said, dont contact him now, as "buying a car in 3-6 months" is wasting both of your time.

Contact him when you are ready to buy. Part of the appeal of dealing with Greg, is no strange fees, issues, etc, along with good (to very good, to great, to unbelievable) pricing, depending on which car, etc.

While its a good idea to start your car search as early as you need to, in order to decide what you want to do, engaging dealers that far out is not conducive to getting the best price.

·
Registered
995 Posts

I dont think there are very many "board sponsors" at all for bimmerfest, since it was sold. If you are looking at picking up locally, vs shipping a car to you, you will need to just look at your local dealers.

If you are open to having a car shipped to you, then contact Greg Poland at Pacific BMW who ships all over the country. With that being said, dont contact him now, as "buying a car in 3-6 months" is wasting both of your time.

Contact him when you are ready to buy. Part of the appeal of dealing with Greg, is no strange fees, issues, etc, along with good (to very good, to great, to unbelievable) pricing, depending on which car, etc.

While its a good idea to start your car search as early as you need to, in order to decide what you want to do, engaging dealers that far out is not conducive to getting the best price.
Yeah, Greg verbalized that it would be somewhat of a hassle for me to lease if I ordered from him. I***8217;m working with someone locally that I would love to give my business, but I just want to be prepared for some shady stuff if it happens. If Greg or someone gave me a fantastic deal, I would then see if my local guy would split the difference for the time he spent with me.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks to both. It is be sad if no way to get BMW numbers to work. So which bands have good lease deal now?
Best option is to go look at Greg Poland's Factory Demo inventory page, and find something that is close to what you want, and as close to 5k miles (or under) as possible. Then, on top of all of that, expect to pay $100-$200 more than what you are paying now.

Something like this:

https://www.pacificbmw.com/vehicle-...i-xdrive-gran-turismo-glendale-ca-id-28069220

You won't get all of the residual gift because you have to pay more for cars with >5k miles now. Plus MSD and interest rates as stated above.

·
Registered
198 Posts
+1 for reaching out to Greg in demos... I just picked up a $86k+ MSRP ‘18 X5 XDrive50i with about 1700 miles for mid $600s/mo (rolled in sales tax and acq fee and still just under $700).

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
OP a Great deal now on a 6Gt would likely have you have a car with 1% of MSRP as a payment (and I mean great deal)... so your 72k MSRP deal for 720 (not 525). On just about anything else, you will be paying more than 1% of MSRP... and likely a decent amount more. You either need to:

1. Shop for a car with a similar payment, which would be an outgoing 330 or something (big step down from a luxury standpoint).
2. Think about buying your current car (directly from BMW FS as there are no longer lease buyout deals direct from dealers (without going through a work around). That 5Gt would likely have 4k reduction from residual from BMW FS. If you are interested in keeping it, call FS and see what they say.
3. Look for an executive demo (knowing that since you did yours, BMW has changed the RV calculations and cut off that gravy train for super optioned cars for super low prices like yours).
4. Look at other brands, and realize that BMW basically just leveled the pricing of their cars to the "other" german brands, rather than bargain basement pricing. Merc / Audi will be similar pricing, even though you might get a bigger discount, once you put the RVs money factors etc together and get to a price on a similar MSRP car.

BTW, kia and hyundai Do have decent deals right now I think, and they make really nice looking cars right now... If one can get past the issue of leaving home with a BMW and coming back with a Kia / Hyundai.

You could also try Lexus. In any case, stick to sedans if you want best discount as anything SUV related is moving pretty well for all of the german brands.

I dont think you are getting a NEW car with 72k MSRP for anything less than a payment in the high 700s, and with everything rolled in, its likely going to be more like the mid 800s, even for a GT car that almost no one wants. For anything else, a 72k MSRP with 12k miles and everything rolled in is likely going to be around 900 to 950 with 12k miles and "everything" rolled in.

This has nothing to do with a "good CA", its just math. My 2016 I had an effective money factor of .00066 with all the MF reduction stacking. My existing Lease I just got from BMW in January, its .00147, and I qualify for the same stuff, but its not available. If "good deal" means what you had back then, then you wont be driving BMWs... this is the new reality.
Respectfully disagree. There are GT deals out there. I posted one on the GT forum. Greg Poland also has several GT's with good discounts on them.

·
Registered
2018 X5M
1,714 Posts
OP a Great deal now on a 6Gt would likely have you have a car with 1% of MSRP as a payment (and I mean great deal)... so your 72k MSRP deal for 720 (not 525). On just about anything else, you will be paying more than 1% of MSRP... and likely a decent amount more.
Maybe an executive demo can coerce the 'holy grail' of a 1% MRSP lease payment, but the MF increased from the 2015-2016 days, 1.1% of MRSP now is realistic-- which necessitates the deal into center holdback. Dealer inventory is pilling up, showroom expense is increasing, if OP can extend his lease by 2 months to buy some time, might be a wise decision.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I've been hesitant to post my deal on a 2018 6GT in part because I turned in a car early (I was close to mileage limit and we beat the car up pretty good; dealer took it back with hardly a check) and I bought a maintenance plan. The lease alone, however, is about $740 for 3 years, 15k miles/year. Car MSRP was $78k.

I love the car. It is an outstanding ride, luxury and sport. Although it replaced my 328i, it will replace my wife's X5 and we will get something on the more affordable side alongside the GT. Now I got the car literally on New Years Eve. Maybe that helped. I've since seen the advertised discounts on them largely disappear, but keep checking. Things change constantly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts