BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to keep BMW Connected drive and add the web browser from BMW live? I have f10 july/2012 NBT running 51.3. I see options when coding to enable both but doesn't seem to work for a US car.

·
Registered
331 Posts
No. The internet browser piece (when going through connected drive) asks the BMW servers if you are subscribed to that, and only then does it get turned on in the menu display.

You aren't missing much. The browser is pretty suck-tastic and is locked out if the car isn't parked at a dead stop. I bought the option when I got the car. It isn't something I'll renew.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. The internet browser piece (when going through connected drive) asks the BMW servers if you are subscribed to that, and only then does it get turned on in the menu display.

You aren't missing much. The browser is pretty suck-tastic and is locked out if the car isn't parked at a dead stop. I bought the option when I got the car. It isn't something I'll renew.
Cool thanks for the info, that was my next question if it worked only when parked. I do have connected drive that is ok. I guess the browser isn't worth it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.