BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which material is best? I heard ABS had a better figment? I know I know... eBay bumpers... but my current oem bumper is sagging because the sliders on the bumper is gone. So there's no fix for that..might as well grab one of these. Do I need anything extra? I already have the aero package.

·
(oOO\(|||) (|||)/OOo)
3,229 Posts
Drift stitch the OEM bumper back on there (i.e., use cable ties).

ABS generally has better fitment, provided you buy from a reputable seller like Umnitza.

This topic has been beaten to death on the forum over the years.

·
(oOO\(|||) (|||)/OOo)
3,229 Posts
Eh, with enough zip ties you should be able to get it back together. You will probably want to use three; one wrapped around the existing clip (behind the bumper, two that secure to that zip tie and poke through the front of the bumper.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
ABS is superior for fitment. But it's not the OEM ABS and so it can break and fracture in colder weather with minimal contact. You shouldn't have that problem.

·
2000 M5
810 Posts
Just bought mine from umnitza for 139.99

I don't see how you can beat that from ebay in terms of what you get.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why don't you drop by our store in Concord, since your title says berkeley;)
I did come by. Remember? On Tuesday. You recommended I get the polylethelyne bumper instead of the ABS. You said the fitment would be the same. Anyone want to voice their opinions? And I was also told that this bumper fits standard BMW non aero parts?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ordered a rear bumper cover Polypropylene the from Umniza

They didn't have it on stock, so they upgrade it to the ABS.
I paid for delivery and the bumper arrived cracked! both sides completely broken in the box!
The delivered the second one the next day. Their driver was careful this time and the bumper arrived without damage.

I can't complain about the fit, looks OK, not perfect.

I'm concerned that any bump would damage the bumper since is ABS
My suggestion, get the Polypropylene

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
I did come by. Remember? On Tuesday. You recommended I get the polylethelyne bumper instead of the ABS. You said the fitment would be the same. Anyone want to voice their opinions? And I was also told that this bumper fits standard BMW non aero parts?
You probably spoke with Tim? or Adam? or Matt?
PP does not have the same fit as ABS, ABS is a more rigid material, always recommend the ABS if you want quality fit, always recommend the PP if you want it to last:thumbup::thumbup:

This "debate" not really much of one, has been doing on for at least 8 years now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dang you got me all excited! ABS is an extra $129.00 so it's $258.00.
Right, you can thank:
larger packaging for ABS bumpers (more $ per sq/ft in the container because fewer can be fit inside)
higher materials costs
higher factory wholesale prices
lower factory volume

All wonderful things that drive up costs the customer doesn't see usually :(

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea. I was told they both would fit well. I was under the impression ABS would be the better fitment. But ABS would crack easier. Can these bumpers work with the non aerodynamic package? Or do I still need to buy all the hardware and body parts still?

·
Just call me 777.
852 Posts
Yea. I was told they both would fit well. I was under the impression ABS would be the better fitment. But ABS would crack easier. Can these bumpers work with the non aerodynamic package? Or do I still need to buy all the hardware and body parts still?
You will still need the splash guards, fogs, and grille mesh.

·
Just call me 777.
852 Posts
Umnitza had told me that their bumper will fit a non M car. Pretty sure the fogs and grill mesh come with the bumper
Of course it will, its a bumper. But you will need the splash giards and belly pan. Iirc you need to pay extra for the fogs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts