·
Been there, Done that.
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love it

I just got a Dinan 335i performance software update. I knew I would feel it but did not imagine the torque and acceleration gains it would yield. This video rings true to me as I can't imagine that a stock M3 can hang with the 335i Dinan when it comes to torque. The test driver in this video gave solid advice for buyers who want it all when it comes to performance but would just as soon save some dough.:thumbup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
M3 vs Dinan

I just this past summer traded my 2011 M3 in on a 335iX which i has the dealer put the Dinan Stage 2 suspension under it, the Dinan exhaust system and the Dinan Stage 2 computer download. It's about 3/4 of a M3 but rides better, handles about the same sounds better and is infinitely more driveable particularly in the winter. I like my 335iX much better than I did the M3.
By he way, we went to Laguna Seca Raceway for a bicycle event this past April. We stayed in Montery, CA and I couldn't believe how many M3s I saw in the Montery area. One day on the way to he track I counted 15 M3 besides ours!!

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
Owning and driving both, the M3 is worlds apart for a TOTAL driving experience; the sound alone is intoxicating as is the feel and the adjustability of the car makes it tunable for about any situation. They are just different cars for different types of people. The engineering behind the 100+hp/liter in N/A form, within a small displacement V8, says a lot for the M division and a great achievement over simply going F/I and calling it a day. The whole package works together; you can tel they just didn't throw some tight shocks, springs bushings and hoped it would do well with discerning buyers. It's stil the king and that which other manufacturers target. Dinan knows how to market to those who wanted an M3, and for whatever reason, didn't acquire one: "come here, we'll add chassis and engine tuning, it's just as good" ... yeah, for $$$.

Thanks Hot|Ice

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Well Dinan smartly also offer "dinanization" for M3s as well so they won't feel bad. :p

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
I am at Lime Rock this weekend for the Trans Am races. Prestige BMW, who claim to be the worlds largest Dinan dealer, have a Dinan Modified Lime Rock Edition M3 on display.

CA

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
Hey guys, I hear if you spend additional money on a car, you can make it faster than some other cars? Does anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Owning and driving both, the M3 is worlds apart for a TOTAL driving experience; the sound alone is intoxicating as is the feel and the adjustability of the car makes it tunable for about any situation. They are just different cars for different types of people. The engineering behind the 100+hp/liter in N/A form, within a small displacement V8, says a lot for the M division and a great achievement over simply going F/I and calling it a day. The whole package works together; you can tel they just didn't throw some tight shocks, springs bushings and hoped it would do well with discerning buyers. It's stil the king and that which other manufacturers target. Dinan knows how to market to those who wanted an M3, and for whatever reason, didn't acquire one: "come here, we'll add chassis and engine tuning, it's just as good" ... yeah, for $$$.

Thanks Hot|Ice
Bless! The sound alone, not to mention the NA V8, will be missed.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
looks like I picked the right car today :)

FYI video doesn't work in the main link op :( :(

the m3 to me in the first 15 minutes just doesn't feel as powerful as the 335i tuned did :dunno: I was only running stage 1+fmic aggressive, but maybe its the turbos fooling me.

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
Too bad "the kurgan" just isn't right. my 2011 M3 was my third M3 and my 5th BMW. How many have you had?
E36M3, E46M3, E21 (spare), E90335i, E86M, E90M

1 - 15 of 15 Posts