Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,440 Posts
I wonder how BMW NA feels about still warranty a car that was trashed out like that one? :dunno:

PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Automobile will have approximately 6,000 miles (subject to change) and will be covered by the remainder of the standard factory warranty of four years and 50,000 miles. Estimated duration of warranty is two years and 44,000 miles, but actual duration will be based upon the time the vehicle was first placed in service and the time it is awarded to the winner.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Re: Re: BMW NA raffling off the "Star" M5

JST said:

In one of those "Making Of" features, they said that all of the stunt driving was done with 540s modified to look like M5s.
True, the car was a 540i with M5 wheels and M-Package.

If you watch the movie "Driving Techniques" again, look at the two exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I thought I read on the BMWNA web site ( a few months ago) that this vechile was being driven around to many dealerships as part of a promotion for the cancer fund. (I think it was actually touring across the country)

I think that's were the miles are coming from.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
CCA raffle is probably better since it's fixed odds and they add cars as entries exceed the set level.

This is a single car so every entry changes the odds

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
in_d_haus said:
CCA raffle is probably better since it's fixed odds and they add cars as entries exceed the set level.

This is a single car so every entry changes the odds
True, but I meant winning both raffles...! :D Nice fantasy if nothing else... :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts