BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bmw of pick-ups?

1231 12
Wasnt sure which was the best forum for this. But since i consider the E46 to best represent what i love about BMW, here goes:

I'm looking for a pick-up. Excluding the Jap, sorry, Ja-pa-neze brands, which is the most bmw-like? interior quality, quietness, drivability, etc. Which would you buy?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
On a serious note: Non-import leaves few options. What are your needs in the truck? A nice DD with ability to work on weekends or near full time work horse?
Why compromise ?

Attachments

:rofl: you have to admit, that is pretty cool

I've seen a couple of Lincoln trucks around and they are pretty nice
Haven't seen the interior tho

but as mentioned above, it depends what your gonna use it for
no such thing as "BMW-like" and pickup truck. :dunno:

Check 'em out and see what you like. The newer F150s are getting good reviews and the new powertrains are impressive. The Ram 1500 is supposed to have a pretty good ride for a full sized truck. The GM trucks are also nice, but due for a overhaul in the next year or so.
Wasnt sure which was the best forum for this. But since i consider the E46 to best represent what i love about BMW, here goes:

I'm looking for a pick-up. Excluding the Jap, sorry, Ja-pa-neze brands, which is the most bmw-like? interior quality, quietness, drivability, etc. Which would you buy?
^ in response:

I'm not a Ford guy, though I've driven a few new models for work and they are quite impressive. Comfort, build quality and quiteness, in truck terms atleast, are spot on.

I've also driven a few new Dodges. Worst. Build. Quality. Ever. Same story as my '08 1500, slapped together and cheap with a front suspension that has you bouncing all over the road (literally from lane to lane on rough patches). Don't go Mopar.

GMC, now these are my trucks. Though they arn't as refined as the new F-150s, I find them to be a more 'drivable' truck in a sense. Build quality is good, but material choice lacks in a few areas that sadly stand out some.

....is there anything else?

Why not import? Tundras are a bit less 'high end' material wise, but a solid built, good truck.

If looking for the smaller breed, I hear rumors of Ford coming out with a new F-100 to replace the Ranger, should be interesting to see what they do with the revamp.
OP, the vehicle you want really *does* exist....but you`ll have to turn the clock back to 1991 (you can still find these on eBay, though). The GMC Typhoon is the same truck, with a cap over the bed. It was basically a Buick Grand National with AWD in pickup truck clothing....quite the badass vehicle (Clint Eastwood had one, said it was a real sleeper)

^ Wow, forgot about that gem! Only issue being the 'quietness' requirement. If we're throwing that out the window, I submit the new Ford Raptor.
Get a Silverado SS and call it a day. I'm drooling over the trailblazer SS these days. Sh!t interior, but OH so much potential for pure fun.
^
^
I second the raptor. :thumbup:
^ Wow, forgot about that gem! Only issue being the 'quietness' requirement. If we're throwing that out the window, I submit the new Ford Raptor.
I vote nissan frontier. The V6 supercharged one.
GMC Syclones were fast in a straight line, but like most GM products of the era, handled like crap, and the interior is worse than crap. A better compromise would be a Ford Lightning. Both generations handled well, and the supercharged 2nd generation were fast too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.