BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW of San Rafael, California

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  aidan7 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a CPO 2014 435i in June of 2017.

The sales and service experience has been excellent. I’ve brought the car in several times, such as when a stone cracked the windshield. The sales and service people have always been extremely responsive and have always performed with the highest level of integrity. They made small mistakes a few times, such as wind noise after replacing the windshield. But they promptly made good without any difficulty. They under-estimated the windshield repair cost to my insurance company and kept the price... they didn’t raise the price when the bill came due.

The staff are all very friendly and there are very knowledgeable service experts who have taken a lot of time with me to explain the car’s workings and details about maintenance. I’m a very technically-minded person and they were happy to explain things and give me tips.

The only extended warranty I bought was for dent protection — I don’t know why I bought it, but I did. And sure enough, I curved both of my right wheels. They looked at them and said all four wheels had some nicks and they refinished all four without charging me a dime.

I visited dealerships throughout the SF Bay Area before buying my car in San Rafael and this dealership is clearly better and I would buy from them again without hesitation. I truly respect their integrity, quality and commitment to service.

See less See more
#5 ·
We take our 2106 X3 and our 2014 i3 to BMW of San Rafael and have been happy.

Picked up our 2014 i3 BEV today and all the warranty items I had asked about were taken care of. In addition, they changed the wiper blades, key fob batteries and found a low voltage code for the 12 volt battery and replaced that too. Very pleased.

Both of these cars were purchased at different dealers but I'll be talking to them first when our X3 lease is up in January.

#7 ·
Excellent service - no complaints there. But the last time we leased - our fifth Bmer from them - they pulled a bait/switch. Our lease expires in April and I'm a tad uneasy about returning.
I think you should talk to them about the situation. Of course they'll bend over backwards if it's an an opportunity to lease another car, but they should do something to make up for it. I've visited all of the Bay Area BMW dealers (Cupertino, Fremont, Berkeley and San Rafael, anyway...) and I think San Rafael is best by far. I drive pretty far to bring my car to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.