Unless you haven't had access to the Internet lately, the official announcement from BMW about the next generation M5 is not earth shattering news. BMW has given us some new pictures and a giant press release detailing everything about the car and we feel it is certainly worth sharing. Here are some of the highlights from the press release:
- This is the fifth generation of the elusive BMW M5 (chassis code F10). Billed as a high performance 4-door sedan combining luxury and mind numbing performance for the auto enthusiasts.
- Brand new 4.4 liter V8 engine featuring twin scroll, twin turbo technology and maxking out at 560 horsepower @ 6,000-7000rpm and 502 lb-ft of torque at 1,500rpm!
- 0 - 62 in 4.4 seconds and an electronically limited top speed of 155mph (190 with M Driver's Package)
- Power transfer to the rear wheels via the seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission Drivelogic; traction-optimised automatic gear selection; Launch Control; Low Speed Assistance; automatically activated parking mode; M-specific gear selector; M leather steering wheel with shift paddles.
- Two individually configured set-ups for the car can be called up using the new M Drive buttons on the steering wheel; range of programmable parameters unique in the segment: engine response, M Servotronic responses, Drivelogic shift program, DSC mode, Dynamic Damper Control and information in the Head-Up Display.
That is just a quick sample of the myriad of information available in the 47 page press release. If you want to see the full release, click on the following link:
The new BMW M5 -- Official Press Release from BMW!
Go see all 174 photos in the Official BMW M5 Photo Gallery!