BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bmw 2007 525i stock body

I need help choosing offset size. The rims I want to put on have an offset of 30, my current rims are 20. Both sets of rims are 17" and factory bmw. My tire size is 225/50 17. I do want the car to have an aggressive stance without the harm of rubbing. I probably need a 10mm spacer but was wondering if I should go fatter with the rear wheels bc it seems like the gap is a lot bigger. 12.5 or 15?

Also I have read up that getting hubcentric spacers would be more beneficial. Should I get hubcentric for front and rear wheels?

Where should I buy? I was looking at turner motorsports, mpd bargains, ecs tuning, etc

Thank you in advance I'm new to the forum and this offset dilemma. Any feedback/advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What are the rim widths? The 10mm spacer will only negate that offset difference so it will sit the same unless the new rims have a different width. E60's have a body style that makes 17" rims look small no matter the fitment, tire size or suspension but that's a matter of taste.

I would only use hubcentric spacers and don't use anything smaller than 12mm. 10mm is barely enough to cover the hub lip safely. You can use the calculator on the website willtheyfit.com to check the differences between the combinations. It's not bmw specific so don't rely on its illustrations for actual fitment. Measure your current setup (how far/close to strut, how far/close to fender) and take an educated guess as to how much room you have to work with. On non-xi you can fit big variety of wheels in the rear while the fronts are less flexible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts