BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Everything's Bigger in TX
7,193 Posts
Only if you have driver assistance and RWD. In the US that is. In other countries, Park Assist might be stand alone option. Dunno.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer

· Everything's Bigger in TX
7,193 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
I have the park assistant and have not even come close to using it...anyone use their's yet? Something about the car parking itself makes me nervous.

· Registered
394 Posts
I have the park assistant and have not even come close to using it...anyone use their's yet? Something about the car parking itself makes me nervous.
I used it the first day I had the car in Munich. Worked flawlessly. I've used it several times, mostly to try it myself, or to show it to people.

· The Driver
4,804 Posts
I would only be interested in this if it came with rim insurance. However as I understand it, if the parking assistant scratches your wheels, then you are on your own. This is why I prefer to do it myself with the aide of my cameras. Also I suspect I can park quicker than the parking assistant.

358 Posts
Is it just on the RWD models because they have EPS versus the xDrive models, which have the older, better hydraulic steering?
Yes. But just because you have a non-xDrive it doesn't mean you have it. It is only available as an option on the RWD models.

· Registered
394 Posts
I would only be interested in this if it came with rim insurance. However as I understand it, if the parking assistant scratches your wheels, then you are on your own. This is why I prefer to do it myself with the aide of my cameras. Also I suspect I can park quicker than the parking assistant.
When I use it, it leaves me about four to six inches from the curb. As I'm backing in to the spot, I watch the camera images on the screen, so I can see where the car is going, exactly as I would if I were doing the parking. And remember, you're controlling the accelerator and brake (and in my case, the clutch).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.