BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Jeff_DML said:

Bring the diesel to the states!!!!, 0-62 in 7.2 seconds and it gets 43.5mpg.
Just remember that UK mileage calculations are different, and also UK Imperial Gallons are larger than American ones. :D

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: BMW Press Release of Coupe/convert

Kaz said:
Just remember that UK mileage calculations are different, and also UK Imperial Gallons are larger than American ones. :D
Yea your right but probably still in the mid to upper 30's, better then the low to mid 20s in our wagon:)

Jeff

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
curious if the diesel 6speed manual have different ratios since the diesel puts out gobs of torque at a narrow band? is that true?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
HW said:
curious if the diesel 6speed manual have different ratios since the diesel puts out gobs of torque at a narrow band? is that true?
Yup. I was looking at a euro spec PDF and the ratios are totally different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the current 330d Sport,with Tuning Box plug in module giving 184bhp to 220bhp increase,i currently average around 36-38mpg ,but this is with some very fast driving and 2 trackdays so far with 1650mls on the clock. With some moderate to fast driving you can average around 40 + mpg.
Unless it has a more fuel effiecent 2nd generation Common Rail engine from mine 43.5 mpg is a bit optimistic but not impossible.
I would also agree a 6 speed box is a bit OTT,as the car redlines at about 4750-5000rpm so unless it has a 6th speed cruising gear there will be alot of gearchanging with the 6spd box,but it should be a fantastic car the 330cd,i will be flipping my 330d sedan in for one next year with the M Kit II as i'm not to keen on the new front bumper and prefer the Sport models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts