BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in a current lease of an X3 and would like to replace with another. I am looking into the pull ahead program (BMW waives last three payments), but am wondering if this has to be done at the same dealer as original lessor or can I switch dealers? Has anyone done this with another dealer on your replacement lease?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in a current lease of an X3 and would like to replace with another. I am looking into the pull ahead program (BMW waives last three payments), but am wondering if this has to be done at the same dealer as original lessor or can I switch dealers? Has anyone done this with another dealer on your replacement lease?
It can be done by any dealer. :thumbup: I sent you a PM .

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would take a dealers opinion in here first, but our X3 should be here in a couple of days and I can update you on the process from a consumer point of view. We will be buying from the same place the second time around but I do not think that matters.

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
If you go with a different center and they utilize the pull ahead program, they would be compelled to buy the car just like the originating center. If they can exercise a mulligan (which can now be done in case it's a rough car or non-desirable color), you would be billed for any liabilities like excess wear and tear or any remaining payments beyond the 3 monthly payments. So you need to be clear that they will be buying your car so that you get no surprises.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Since you have a few months, how about considering doing European Delivery, if you're next car isn't produced in the USA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out the issue today. BMWNA buyback price at todays value may be higher than the current market value. The dealer does offer the program, and they have to buy the car at the set price. I am going for an aggressive lease price so the difference so far is about 1500.00. They are looking into it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Jay50 -

We found pretty much the same thing today. I thought it was more of just an out on the contract, but it does not seem to be that at all (unless I am confused). What I do not understand is what is different between this and a normal trade? Is the payoff or offer a different value? That is the only thing I could think of that would sound right.

We also have negative equity (thanks to obvious historical inflation of the residual, which is fine when it gives you lower payements :)). For us, the amount we save in tax will offset the negative equity and make it a zero offer. So we can give it to them whenever we want. We knew we had to pay full tax going in anyway, so getting the break with the trade and losing it in negative equity does not effect our values.

Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there any firm proof of there being a BMW Pull Ahead program? We received a letter from Pacific BMW in Glendale a few months ago letting us know that we are eligible to return our X5 lease early, and BMW will cover the last 3 payments. Our lease ends in November. Now when we are talking to Pacific BMW, they are saying they will not honor the Pull Ahead program for our X5. I have spoken to BMW Financial and BMW NA and neither have any information regarding the Pull Ahead program. Is this some sort of secret program? Please help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spoke with BMWFS who knew of the program. It is optional at the dealer level and do not have to offer it. The program is governed by BMWNA. The new I get is BMWNA states the sell price which is actually the balance due on the vehicle. They will have to pay for it then sell at auction or off the lot. If I wait till the end of the lease, they have the option to buy or simply return it. It would obviously be better for a dealer to have the option to return it if they so chose, but this cannot happen if they honor the pull ahead (buy ahead) program.

The program does exist, but the dealer seems to have a way out if it costs them too much.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts