BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to take delivery of my new 1 series only to find that the new professional satnav had a scratch in the glass.

BMW dont want to fix it as it is too much of an expense and hassle for them. Has anyone been in this situation before?

I am very unhappy to buy a brand new car only to find it scratched!

I rejected the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
WOW....

How and why?? Whats their reason to not fix it?? if you were collecting from new it's the dealers or a manufacturing fault they have to fix it as you haven't even taken it out of the showroom.

You did the right thing but let BMW UK know and also BMW financial if you have hire purchase on the car as the sale of goods act will apply as in "are the goods supplied fit for purpose" no they are not, you can't use the idrive cos the screen is scratched.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will let BMW UK know.

The dealership said it would cost them too much in terms of labour costs and replacements parts.

They are coming back to me tomorrow with a proposed solution, they need to talk to their service department but I think they are hoping that I will just accept some money off the car but all I want is a new sat nav screen.

·
Registered
323 Posts
How bad of a scratch was it? Could it be reduced with glass polish?

If its bad, maybe tell them you'll take the car if they don't charge for the nav option!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks I will let BMW UK know.

The dealership said it would cost them too much in terms of labour costs and replacements parts.

They are coming back to me tomorrow with a proposed solution, they need to talk to their service department but I think they are hoping that I will just accept some money off the car but all I want is a new sat nav screen.
So a ham fisted car mechanic/cleaner has done the deed cos if it was done in transit then BMW UK would cover the cost so the dealer wouldn't care about it.

The proposed solution would be for them to fix it, if not then tell them you want to speak to BMW customer service if their not prepared to fix it and watch them sweat.(this works for Mini service):thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts