BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I wanted to know that if I bring my 545i in for issue with drivetrain or idrive (it seems to be having issues with jerky stop/starts with SES light coming on intermittently), will the dealer provide a service loaner similer to my vehicle.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
... will the dealer provide a service loaner similer to my vehicle.
NOPE!!!

Your lucky if your local dealer will provide a BMW. My "local" dealer has a hertz on site. Hertz has some BMW's in their lineup (for those who complain, like me). The BMW where I originally lease my car from will give me a BMW but I don't want to drive to this dealership.

Even the dealers that provide loaner... they only provide base model 3 series or sometimes if you are lucky a 5 series... Call your dealer and find out what their policy is. Most time you have to make an appointment and reserve/ request a car.

·
Registered
728 Posts
.. will the dealer provide a service loaner similer to my vehicle.
It depends on which dealer you go to. My dealer will happily place me into a new 530i, 330xi, or X3, but some dealers are different. You can call ahead and say you would prefer a 5 Series or similar.

·
Confessed Bimmer Fanatic
728 Posts
The dealer I used to take my car to for service (I moved to a different state) always had a nice BMW loaner for me (either a well-equipped 3 series or a well-equipped 5 series) and I hadn't even bought my BMW there. I think that dealer recognized the marketing opportunity in giving someone a new BMW to drive for a day. I'm kind of shocked other dealers don't have the same philosophy.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It depends on YOUR dealer as others have said. At my Center we have BMW loaners but they need to be reserved about 3.5 weeks in advance.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
It depends on the dealer and whether you bought the vehicle from them. I don't think any dealers in the DC area allow you to reserve a BMW loaner in advance and they say they are given out on a first-come-first-served basis. Sounds like a load of BS to me, but I'm not gonna throw a fit over a loaner car as long as its something nice.

·
Go Phillies!
638 Posts
As previously stated: It depends on your dealership. My dealership sometimes has one the week I call or they sometimes need two to three weeks for a BMW loaner. I have driven a 3 series, 5, and an X.

I have also known people who have had to take the Enterprise rentals--not that they are bimmers...but they at least make sure they are the higher end loaners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts