BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2014 328d with 30k miles on it. It says it's over due 500 miles for oil and brake fluid service. Do I get free BMW service until 50k? Or is that original owner only.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So I bought a 2014 328d with 30k miles on it. It says it's over due 500 miles for oil and brake fluid service. Do I get free BMW service until 50k? Or is that original owner only.
50k or 4 years so you should be good to go. I think more recent years it's restricted to the first owner and 36k

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Warning - Thin Air
1,786 Posts
Its from the in service date, so if it was put into service in late in 2013 (like my 435i), then you may be near the end of, or have passed the 4 year mark. You should be able to check with a dealer to get the in service date.

·
former motorcycle rider
773 Posts
Asking for information like this on the Internet is a waste of time and will just end up with misleading, conflicting information, most of it wrong. Call the dealership, give them the VIN and let them tell you. They have no motivation to lie, since BMW reimburses them for the oil service.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Asking for information like this on the Internet is a waste of time and will just end up with misleading, conflicting information, most of it wrong. Call the dealership, give them the VIN and let them tell you. They have no motivation to lie, since BMW reimburses them for the oil service.
+1

They would actually rather it was covered, because people generally dont have an issue bringing a car to the dealership for service when they dont have to pay (lol).

No matter what we say here, if the dealership pulls the vin and its not covered, one cant simply reply "but I read it was covered on the internet".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts