BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to collect a few trinkets for my SA, wife, and others who've put up with me during this process. :) Is there a shop available at the Delivery Center and/or the BMW Exhibit in Olympia Park? Thanks,

·
Happily Driving
7,205 Posts
Lorch92 said:
I wanted to collect a few trinkets for my SA, wife, and others who've put up with me during this process. :) Is there a shop available at the Delivery Center and/or the BMW Exhibit in Olympia Park? Thanks,
Nothing at the ED Center. Maybe at the Museum, but I think its still closed for renovation...

Dingolfing had a gift shop, but it was all the same stuff you can get from a dealer of www.bmw-online.com

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Me530 said:
Nothing at the ED Center. Maybe at the Museum, but I think its still closed for renovation...

Dingolfing had a gift shop, but it was all the same stuff you can get from a dealer of www.bmw-online.com
Exactly right Me...., But there's something cool about picking up some mementos in Dingolfing where the car was born. :thumbup:

·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly, there are no tours at either Dingolfing or Munich the week of my pick-up. I had understood that the museum was still closed, but was going to check out the BMW Exhibit that I understand is open in the interim in Olympia Park. Does anyone know if there are any souvenir possibilities there? If no, I suppose I could always get something from Munich in general, but I thought they might have something BMW-related. Not like them to miss a marketing opportunity. :D

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Lorch92 said:
Sadly, there are no tours at either Dingolfing or Munich the week of my pick-up. I had understood that the museum was still closed, but was going to check out the BMW Exhibit that I understand is open in the interim in Olympia Park. Does anyone know if there are any souvenir possibilities there? If no, I suppose I could always get something from Munich in general, but I thought they might have something BMW-related. Not like them to miss a marketing opportunity. :D
I think I've read on previous posts that a local BMW dealer in Munich carries a lot of this type merchandise. I believe it's the closest dealer to the pick up center, but I could be wrong about that. Someone will chime in with more detail. :thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
There's a BMW dealer, essentially, at Frankfurter Ring - it's about 5 minutes from the Delivery center, and it was my first stop after leaving. They sell tons of BMW souvenirs there, including some items that I don't recall seeing in the catalog.

BMW Niederlassung Muenchen, Frankfurter Ring 35, 80807

·
Registered
20 Posts
I second the big BMW Dealer on the Frankfurter Ring. On the Munich map look for the Frankfurter Ring S-Bahn stop, the dealership is on the same intersection. They have all the accessories you've seen in the BMW booklets. They have the scale model cars in different sizes and colors. They even have remote control versions. There are jackets, shirts, pens, etc. You can even get a BMW mountain bike.

You can wander around the dealership and nobody bothers you. You can even get in the showroom cars and a salesman does not come up. Try that in the US! And they also have a cafe.

·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Dapharsyde -- I'll check it out.

By the way, has anyone been to the temporary BMW exhibit at the Olympic Park? I went to the Zentrum in South Carolina several years ago, and thought it was interesting. I was disappointed to hear about the museum's temporary closure, but thought I'd check out the exhibit -- thoughts?

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
dapharsyde said:
There's a BMW dealer, essentially, at Frankfurter Ring - it's about 5 minutes from the Delivery center, and it was my first stop after leaving. They sell tons of BMW souvenirs there, including some items that I don't recall seeing in the catalog.

BMW Niederlassung Muenchen, Frankfurter Ring 35, 80807
That's the closest dealership to the ED center. Well stocked with plenty of goodies. I had an M steering wheel put on 10 minutes after picking up the car. Great BMW motorcycle center next door. Worth a quick visit just to see it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
which dealership is "the mother of all bmw dealerships" that I've been hearing about?

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
smytheee said:
which dealership is "the mother of all bmw dealerships" that I've been hearing about?
Scroll your i-drive w/ BMW Nav to
"Automobile"
and then select
"BMW Service/Dealer"
and then select

"BMW Neideslasseng Munchen- Frankfurtering"

now select "enter"

You should be there in less than 5 mins

Of course... it will take you another 5 mins trying to find a "nice" parking spot in that tight parking lot.
:p

Now have a blast... be sure to go look at the BMW Motorrad next door.

BTW, I don't buy jackschitt there anymore... Just about everything they have there I can but it here in US w/ the same BMW parts number. Back in the old days (actually 6 years ago) I buy everything there as the exchange rate was $0.86 to 1 Euro. I missed those days...:tsk:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Do the Olympic Park. Lots of goodies at the Museum. Some real cool cars too. You can pary there and ride up to the tower for a spectular view of the City and spend some time to check out the fascination Olympic site and the cable strung buildings. Enjoy

·
Registered
324 Posts
beewang said:
Scroll your i-drive w/ BMW Nav to
"Automobile"
and then select
"BMW Service/Dealer"
and then select

"BMW Neideslasseng Munchen- Frankfurtering"

now select "enter"

You should be there in less than 5 mins

Of course... it will take you another 5 mins trying to find a "nice" parking spot in that tight parking lot.
:p

Now have a blast... be sure to go look at the BMW Motorrad next door.

BTW, I don't buy jackschitt there anymore... Just about everything they have there I can but it here in US w/ the same BMW parts number. Back in the old days (actually 6 years ago) I buy everything there as the exchange rate was $0.86 to 1 Euro. I missed those days...:tsk:
thanks, I won't have nav though!

and my husband will love motorrad; he has an r1100s.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
smytheee said:
...and my husband will love motorrad; he has an r1100s.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

My next BMW has gotta be a Boxster Cup Replica:D

No worries w/ the nav, just ask the delivery personnel to draw you a map to the dealership. The dealership was up until 5 yrs ago, the place you pick-up your ED BMW;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
beewang said:
:thumbup: :thumbup:
My next BMW has gotta be a Boxster Cup Replica:D
cool cool, he's dying for the r1200s, and for motorrad ED!! :p

·
Vorsitzer
344 Posts
Great selectiion at Frankfuter Ring Dealership, they have some things that are not in the catalogue. I particularly enjoyed my visit in Dec 2005, when they had a M6 and M5 on the showroom floor which you could get into without a sales person. They might have a 335 on the floor this summer. Parking on the side of the Motorrad store was easy right after my 10 am pick up at the ED center. For historical correctness the Frankfurter Ring dealership was the delivery site of my 1995 M3 in May of 1994 whereas the Current ED center was the deliver site of my 1991 M5 in July of 1990.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.