BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Fellow Bimmerfesters!:wave:

I hope everyone is doing well! I haven't been present on the board for the past few months because I didn't want to discuss what I had been going through with my E93 BMW. BMW of North America bought back my 07 E93 last week. It had been in the shop since November for various roof issues, along with a severe rattle coming from the rear of the car. Really, since I took delivery in March of 07, I had been experiencing problems with the roof and the "cowbell" rattle that was only getting worse.

In December, the dealership started discussing a "buy back." I was a bit apprehensive at first. I really just wanted the problems fixed. However, when it became apparent that the problems weren't going to go away, we proceeded with the buyback. One little glitch. During a dealership road test, the car was involved in an accident!:mad::tsk: My dealership took responsibility, and then the buyback proceeded once the car was fixed. That took about 3 weeks.

It took 90 days from the mention of a "buy back" to the replacement car being delivered with the check in my hand for the old one. BMW was extremely fair with the buyback. I stand behind their cars, and actually replaced it with a new E93, only this time I decided to go with the 335i. I figured, I'd been through enough not to have a fully loaded car. I got every option on it with the exception of the self adjusting cruise control, which is kind of lame if you ask me. I went with Alpine White and Black Dakota Interior. I figured this would be less of a cleaning hassle, plus I've always loved white!

I am so pleased with BMW. This is now my 4th BMW, and I have to say, it won't be my last. BMW was so terrific during this time. They put me in a Z4 loaner convertible while my car was in the shop. My dealership was fantastic, and my salesman was amazing.

Here's a pic of the replacement! I'm in love!:roundel:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
:wave:

Welcome back TDD, sounds like they did the right thing by you. :thumbup:

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:wave:

Welcome back TDD, sounds like they did the right thing by you. :thumbup:
Hi Wingspan!

They sure did! I had a few people try and convince me to get a CLK Convertible:rolleyes: or even a Volvo Convertible: puke: Under no circumstances would I forsake the BMW name! They are way too fun to drive!

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Hi Wingspan!

They sure did! I had a few people try and convince me to get a CLK Convertible:rolleyes: or even a Volvo Convertible: puke: Under no circumstances would I forsake the BMW name! They are way too fun to drive!
Well it sure is a nice story. I wish my E46 was causing me problems...but it's still running as well as ever. Going to have to do Inspection II in a few thousand.

Glad you are back, we need more more moderating influence in PolySci these days... :rofl:

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it sure is a nice story. I wish my E46 was causing me problems...but it's still running as well as ever. Going to have to do Inspection II in a few thousand.

Glad you are back, we need more more moderating influence in PolySci these days... :rofl:
Are things in the PolySci forum getting a bit too liberal!?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good to hear. Happy 4U.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Glad to see what could have been an extremely negative situation, turn out to be a very positive one! Enjoy the new car!

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to see what could have been an extremely negative situation, turn out to be a very positive one! Enjoy the new car!
Thanks! BMW gets my vote! They are amazing. The people who helped me through the buyback were very fair and genuinely concerned for my satisfaction.

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I recall correctly this just about gets you a replacement in time for your birthday! Welcome back.
Hi Northcar!

Actually, my replacement came in on my birthday (the 6th). But I wasn't about to go pick up my new car until the check for the old one came in from BMW NA. That came this past Monday (they kinda lagged, but oh well....) I decided to just wait patiently, which I'm sure some of you around here know isn't one of my strengths!:rofl: Everything is great now, I love the new car, and am glad to be rid of the lemon's problems. It was in the shop for about 95 days! I am confident that it was just a lemon, and BMW will live up to it's reputation of being a reliable and solid car!:thumbup:

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
Congrats! Glad that everything worked out for you! But...you did not post a pic of you making out w/ the front roundel...like when you purchased the first one. :D J/K Enjoy your car!!

·
ANDY is always with me
1,888 Posts
Good for you!! The Alpine white and black look really great. We sort of have something in common besides both of us owning 335 E93s. I picked mine up from the dealer after our ED on my birthday. It was the best present I ever got (except for the Davy Crockett hat when I was 5). Enjoy it. :bling:

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good for you!! The Alpine white and black look really great. We sort of have something in common besides both of us owning 335 E93s. I picked mine up from the dealer after our ED on my birthday. It was the best present I ever got (except for the Davy Crockett hat when I was 5). Enjoy it. :bling:
Talk about a nice Bday present! A new car... but you can't beat the Davy Crockett hat!:thumbup:

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats! Glad that everything worked out for you! But...you did not post a pic of you making out w/ the front roundel...like when you purchased the first one. :D J/K Enjoy your car!!
I'll post my make out session with her on X-Tube when I get the chance. You can find it under "fetish.":rofl::p

·
Old Guy Drives Fast
12 Posts
Congratulations! I have a feeling your attitude and patience might have had something to do with it. I've owned Lexus and BMW cars and Lexus beats all for overall customer service and luxury, but BMW wins in ultimate driving machine department.

·
Iwanna330Cic
926 Posts
It's so nice to hear of such a positive treatment by any car manufacturer. Sounds like you went through a real emotional ringer with this experience... glad it turned out so well for you! BTW.... do you hear ANY of the infamous "fluttering" noise betwen 50- 60 mph with the top up? http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218612&page=1
:hi:

Doug

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
That Davy Crockett hat comment reeallly dates you ya know. :)

I know cuz I was around then too. :rofl:

dj

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's so nice to hear of such a positive treatment by any car manufacturer. Sounds like you went through a real emotional ringer with this experience... glad it turned out so well for you! BTW.... do you hear ANY of the infamous "fluttering" noise betwen 50- 60 mph with the top up? http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218612&page=1
:hi:

Doug
I hate to break it to everyone, but BOTH the old and the replacement BMW fluttered. I guess it's just something we have to live with. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts