BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Unregistered User
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start February 18th. (Search; I have no idea what I'm doing.)

Basically I'm going to try and post what exactly I am studying. I'm going to have access to A LOT of information. I'm going to have A LOT of questions and will probably be able to answer a few that you may have.

I have a test on the first day covering;

• External Identification (Trunk Badges)
    Internal I.D. (E codes and internal BMW lingo because they don't actually use the E codes.)
    VIN Deciphering
    VIN Locations
    Production Dates
    Anti-theft Labels
    Engine I.D.
    Numbering Systems
    Displacement I.D.
    Tran I.D. and Application
    ZF
    GM Hydramatic
    Manual
    Trans plate Data and Tags
    Abbreviations and Acronyms

And that's part one of four. YIKES!
I have about 8,000KB worth of pdfs to study.

·
Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
5,855 Posts
I have a test on the first day covering;
  • External Identification (Trunk Badges)
    Internal I.D. (E codes and internal BMW lingo because they don't actually use the E codes.)
    Abbreviations and Acronyms
And that's part one of four. YIKES!
Good luck and congrats on undertaking the effort! :thumbup:

I've seen dozens of internal & technical documents that use the Enn and Fnn chassis development codes. There may be additional terminology to learn but don't think you'll be off the hook on the development codes...sorry about that.

One of the things I downloaded from TIS just for grins was the glossary and acronyms list. Now there is a brain-stretcher if you're expected to memorize that!

·
Unregistered User
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck and congrats on undertaking the effort! :thumbup:

I've seen dozens of internal & technical documents that use the Enn and Fnn chassis development codes. There may be additional terminology to learn but don't think you'll be off the hook on the development codes...sorry about that.

One of the things I downloaded from TIS just for grins was the glossary and acronyms list. Now there is a brain-stretcher if you're expected to memorize that!
Yes I believe I am. I just got done with an hours worth of reading on how to navigate there website. Crazy and impractical without access to it. Almost through the 300 pages but I'll be reading it at least a dozen times over.

I've also been looking into Rosetta Stone for German. Just to have a leg up on the competition.

I've been reading on what BMW does with their suspension and brakes to make it handle like a BMW and all I can say is WOW! Very, very intuitive! I know a L.of CPD who has driven a lot of high end cars (Lexus, Mercedes, Acura, Benz) and he said "nothing handle like a BMW at 150 mph" Haha

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Best wishes to your Bandiit - I hope you ace your first exam!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts