BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my car few days ago. I signed the lease in May before going for an ED. Now my dealer tells me that I can't buy BMW Tire protection package as its sold only at the time of purchase/lease of car and not after that. Is this true?

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
True.

Consider yourself lucky.

If you get a flat, DO NOT go to a BMW dealer- they will refuse to patch it (which is what all MFGs allow) and will force you to buy a new tire...AND they dont offer a road hazard warranty on the overpriced replacement, so you will be vulnerable again.

If the tire IS non-repairable, DO, go to Americas Tire, Discount, Big O, whatever- pay less than the dealer AND get the road hazard. That way the next time you have 'coverage'

If youi pencil it out, all you'l have to do is replace the tires once and you will then be fully covered with road hazard (ie "tire warranty')

Also, you might try going to a local tire store and say "brand new car, new tires- will you sell me a road hazard plan for all 4 tires?"... Multiple people have reported success.

GL

Report back

A

PS DO NOT drive around on your runflats if they lose pressure... pull over, get it repaired. Personally I would not trust a tire that had been run flat for very long....

· Chairman of the Bored
3,326 Posts
Costco is best for tires. Free road hazzard. Free repairs. Free nitrogen. Their prices are competitive with tirerack, and mount and balance is $14 per even for runflats. As Ard said, they did you a favor.

· Registered
107 Posts
Costco is best for tires. Free road hazzard. Free repairs. Free nitrogen. Their prices are competitive with tirerack, and mount and balance is $14 per even for runflats. As Ard said, they did you a favor.
I used to be an avid believer in Costco Tire Center but not anymore.

They refuse to change the sizing of my 335i tires from the OEM. Not Tim size just width of the tire +1.

They also won't mount go-flats without me having a spare. A pump/goo kit won't work for them.

Use America's tire co. They do most of what Costco does and is a lot more willing to work with you.

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
I used to be an avid believer in Costco Tire Center but not anymore.

They refuse to change the sizing of my 335i tires from the OEM. Not Tim size just width of the tire +1.

They also won't mount go-flats without me having a spare. A pump/goo kit won't work for them.

Use America's tire co. They do most of what Costco does and is a lot more willing to work with you.
I'd say this kind of stuff is hit or miss with many chain stores.

I have 3mm spacers on my M5, THREE MILLIMETERS. Less than the width of this: 0

Americas tire refused to work on the car.

Sigh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.