BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Michael
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Well I have picked up the new car, I will post some pics when I have valeted to my standard. I know its not a six but it has its own benefits.
I am struggling to find a copy or access to a 2010/11 TIS. All of the online ones I can find are upto 2008, as is my own copy. Can anyone help please!!

·
Michael
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BMW TIS for 2010/2011

Can anyone help? All of the copies I can find either online or disc for the BMW TIS are only upto 2008. Some of the ETK have gone to 2011. But I am trying to obtain a disc copy of 2010/2011 or at least access to a copy...... I have checked REALOEM parts are ok but no links to a later TIS..... can anyone advise?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Do you know how to use torrents? The newer versions are available there.

·
Michael
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know how to use torrents? The newer versions are available there.
Sorry no! I have never heard of it, could you please advise me how to ?
Many thanks
Michael

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Some people frown on torrents because they are mainly used to share ripped CDs, DVDs or software. But you can find almost anything on them.

One STRONG word of advice. Buy the best Antivirus software money can buy before you download anything from a torrent site. I recommend ESET NOD32 or Kaspersky. It's even a good idea to use torrent only on once system in your house that you don't care much about (eg. an old laptop) Don't rely on crap antivirus software like Norton or McAfee etc.... Scared yet? ;)

1) Download utorrent (google for it) and intsall the program
2) Go to one of these "top 10 torrent sites" and search for the software you want. Sort your results by the most Seeders and DO NOT download anything that has been uploaded less than two days ago (new uploads are likely to have viruses and will quickly be identified by users a dangerous)
3) download the torrent file (a small file with details on the "main" files you will end up with)
4) let uTorrent automatically open the small torrent file and watch/wait for the files to download.

If you can't find what you are looking for on one site, check a few others. Unfortunately one of the best torrent sites (btjunkie) recently voluntarily shut down.

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
NICE! The official online version of the ETK, 100% up-to-date. Thanks for the link.

·
Michael
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent result!!!! Can anyone find a link for the TIS that would be brilliant !!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Excellent result!!!! Can anyone find a link for the TIS that would be brilliant !!!
I, too, am having trouble finding a copy of the TIS that is later than 2008. My only guess is that BMW switched from a physical software disk update system to an online update or maybe cloud/server access.

·
Registered
51 Posts
would this one up to 08 work on my 06 330i? is anyone here willing to part with thier older copies that will work for my car?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes it will work, I have an 08 copy and it has all BMW models till 3/2008!
would you be willing to part with a copy? pm me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts