Bimmerfest member ynguldyn gazes into his crystal ball to bring us the latest predictions (not guesses) about BMW's future models. The most exciting news is the highly anticipated re-power of the F3x 3 and 4 series line. Not only does the 3 and 4 get BMW's new B line of engines with a power bump but the get new names as well.
All re-engined F3x models will get new designations:
- 4-cyl B48 engine will have 330i/430i designation instead of 328i/428i
- 6-cyl B58 engine will have 340i/440i designation instead of 335i/435i.
- PHEV F30 will come as 330e, not 328e.
F3x Life Cycle Impulse (LCI) schedule
- F30 and F31 LCI is July 2015 as MY2016. However, 330i is delayed intro, July 2016 as MY2017.
- All 4-series LCI is March 2016 as MY2017
- F34 LCI is July 2016 as MY2017
Source credit to Bimmerfest.com member ynguldyn