BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just me, or does the BMW USA website really, really suck.

Over the past 6 years that I've used the "Build Your Own" configurator (99, 02, and now in 05), it's gotten incrementally worse. Now it's almost unusable.

Everytime I click on an option, it just acts dumb and does nothing until I exit the site and reenter again. And that doesn't always work either. I also have problems with links that do nothing, ever.

I thought it was because I use Firefox, so I fire up IE (with the appropriate amount of fear and loathing), and it's even worse.

If I remember correctly the site used to run with JSP (J2EE) & worked reasonably well, but now it runs on .NET apparently (it has asp pages). That probably explains why it's so bad.

Anyway, just had to rant because it's really annoying. When I pick up my M3 next month the web site gets the lowest possible rating (they asked me to rate the website 3 years ago when I got my 530i).

Dean

·
Registered
124 Posts
arnolds said:
Works fine in IE. I know owner's circle has an issue with Firefox. Maybe try downloading flash again.
I use Firefox and the site works well for me. When going into Owners Circle I usually use Netscape 7.2 or maybe IE in a pinch.

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
arnolds said:
Works fine in IE. I know owner's circle has an issue with Firefox. Maybe try downloading flash again.
No, that's not the answer. My flash installation is fine, my browser works everywhere else just fine (except for MS sites that ony support IE). Besides, it's not a flash app that's giving me problems.

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dfrith said:
I use Firefox and the site works well for me. When going into Owners Circle I usually use Netscape 7.2 or maybe IE in a pinch.
Actually, OC works fine for me, including the flash-based vehicle tracking area.

The car configurator is broken. Doesn't really matter. I have my new car on order anyway, and don't need to use that part of the site now.

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
dfrith said:
I use firefox, and the site complains. But if you click, "ignore this stupid error message" then it works fine anyway. Oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.