BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
BimmerFreak
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my recent trip, I decided to take my car, 2013 535i xDrive, on a 700 mile journey, from NY to KY. I usually drive the BMW local and never on a long drive, but decided to this time.
I was really surprised that none of the vehicles were BMW. I saw many Mercedes, Asian cars, many Lexus and even a Bentley, but none were a BMW. I was the only BMW on the highway, which makes me think, do people not have faith in their BMW driving on the highway or could it be something else?

·
<- Bailey
7,656 Posts
I drive my car on the highway all the time, and have passed many BMWs. Could just be an anomaly.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
On my recent trip, I decided to take my car, 2013 535i xDrive, on a 700 mile journey, from NY to KY. I usually drive the BMW local and never on a long drive, but decided to this time.
I was really surprised that none of the vehicles were BMW. I saw many Mercedes, Asian cars, many Lexus and even a Bentley, but none were a BMW. I was the only BMW on the highway, which makes me think, do people not have faith in their BMW driving on the highway or could it be something else?
Most feel that BMW motoring is an in-your-face, defiant expression of White Privilege. As you pass DC, here is what they think of you:

As you know, we simply cannot have that. Beware Liberal Jihad.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Last year we made 8 round trips between San Diego and Phoenix. We also took a trip to Yellowstone. This year we took a trip to Texas. We consistently averaged 31 mpg on all these trips. We also take a 200 mileish round-trip "trip" to my wife's mom's every other week or so. This car is a super highway cruiser! It eats up the miles and spits them out!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I see so many each day it's boring like a Honda on my way to work. At 1 point I hardly saw a white f 10. Now pretty common. I had a blue one and it was looking at myself coming and going daily. Think you had an anomaly.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I see so many each day it's boring like a Honda on my way to work. At 1 point I hardly saw a white f 10. Now pretty common. I had a blue one and it was looking at myself coming and going daily. Think you had an anomaly.
And here 3-Series' are as prolific as Hondas...

Not very many F10s though.

·
BimmerFreak
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I see, in NYC, streets are filled with F10's but as soon as I passed NJ turnpike, and until I hit Louisville KY, it was just me. But I saw quite a few in Cincinnati though. BMW was absent from the highways or until we arrived at a major city

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's freaking hilarious. I just put my Trump bumper stickers on mine yesterday too. Ahh that White Privilege I feel is invigorating. ( Said with tongue in cheek ):D

Most feel that BMW motoring is an in-your-face, defiant expression of White Privilege. As you pass DC, here is what they think of you:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I never use my F10 locally. It is only for road trips. My wife and I just did an 800 mile R/T drive from PA to OBX. (2013 528ix) The trunk was filled to the top with suitcases, loaded ice chest, and assorted stuff. Rear seat was folded down for the boogie boards and beach umbrellas, beach chairs, etc. (but not higher than the rear seat back). I averaged 35 mpg and never knew the car was loaded. Ride and handling was great and no back pain at the end of an 8 hour drive. Just as enjoyable as my Cadillac DHS. :) I saw some BMWs, but not that many.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I never use my F10 locally. It is only for road trips. My wife and I just did an 800 mile R/T drive from PA to OBX. (2013 528ix) The trunk was filled to the top with suitcases, loaded ice chest, and assorted stuff. Rear seat was folded down for the boogie boards and beach umbrellas, beach chairs, etc. (but not higher than the rear seat back). I averaged 35 mpg and never knew the car was loaded. Ride and handling was great and no back pain at the end of an 8 hour drive. Just as enjoyable as my Cadillac DHS. :) I saw some BMWs, but not that many.
I rarely see 5 series in Raleigh, but I see TONS of 3 series.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
I drove ~300 miles yesterday in my M6 from central MD to Allentown, PA on rural roads and highways. I saw a couple of dozen BMWs and two stand out as being annoying. A debadged 3er with fart pipe that wanted to race me and a 5er that caught up to me at a choke point (slow car in left lane passing an even slower car in the right lane) that started flashing his lights for me to get out of his way. Once out the choke point, the 5er didn't come close to keeping up with me and the other fast moving traffic. So I would say there are plenty of Bimmers out on the highways in rural America. Unfortunately, I'm not always happy to see them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Unfortunately you encountered one of the reasons the age old question keeps being asked and makes the rest of us look bad: What's the difference between a cactus and a BMW? :tsk:

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,481 Posts

Let's keep politics out of this forum.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,704 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts