BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Into the dark ages
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi..

anyone know the sales/lease numbers of BMW cars compared to MB?

3series vs c-class
5series vs e-class
7series vs s-class

i have a little bet going that BMW has outsold MB but i need hard proof.

thx..

· Into the dark ages
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good to hear!

can i access the source of this info? is this freely accesible on the internet? or only dealer info?

so i can take this info and rub it into my friends face. he's an MB owner. :)

· Bimmerfest Founder
18,748 Posts
Re: good to hear!

ChrisTO said:
can i access the source of this info? is this freely accesible on the internet? or only dealer info?

so i can take this info and rub it into my friends face. he's an MB owner. :)
The data comes from my handy-dandy BMW Western Region Monthly Newsletter...

· Into the dark ages
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn lexus

i can't believe lexus is a close second. their cars are no where near the same level of engineering as the BMW or even the MB. bunch of dressed up toyota's or BMW copier is all i see from lexus.

· Gone Motoring!
2,033 Posts
Re: damn lexus

ChrisTO said:
i can't believe lexus is a close second. their cars are no where near the same level of engineering as the BMW or even the MB. bunch of dressed up toyota's or BMW copier is all i see from lexus.
i really like the LS430 and the GS430, the IS300 is not bad either, and some ppl should really get a Lexus instead of a BMW, imho... too many damn Bimmers out there, and most buyers don't really know what BMWs are about, they buy them coz they like the brand or they think "it looks cute"...

--Andrew

· Into the dark ages
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: damn lexus

ayn said:

i really like the LS430 and the GS430, the IS300 is not bad either, and some ppl should really get a Lexus instead of a BMW, imho... too many damn Bimmers out there, and most buyers don't really know what BMWs are about, they buy them coz they like the brand or they think "it looks cute"...

--Andrew
i agree that many BMW owners buy it just for the cachet and not for the whole BMW driving experience. i think most owners don't realize all that over engineering that BMW puts into the car. i'm afraid one day that BMW will actually lower the cars to the level of Lexus/infini/acura. heck it has started already with that whole 'lighter' steering wheel fiasco. if you can't handle a tight/heavy steering feel go buy something else.

but BMW is in it to make money like any other business. so they have to appeal to the masses despite what us 'fanatics' think, we are probably a small part of BMW's loyal customer base.

· Gone Motoring!
2,033 Posts
Re: Re: Re: damn lexus

ChrisTO said:

i agree that many BMW owners buy it just for the cachet and not for the whole BMW driving experience. i think most owners don't realize all that over engineering that BMW puts into the car. i'm afraid one day that BMW will actually lower the cars to the level of Lexus/infini/acura. heck it has started already with that whole 'lighter' steering wheel fiasco. if you can't handle a tight/heavy steering feel go buy something else.

but BMW is in it to make money like any other business. so they have to appeal to the masses despite what us 'fanatics' think, we are probably a small part of BMW's loyal customer base.
yup, that's why I've decided to only get M cars from now on... (well, or special cars like the Z8, but not like i can afford those any time soon)... it's gonna be M cars or Porsche for me... probably no Boxster either... "real" Porsche...

--Andrew

· Into the dark ages
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: I'll try...

Jon Shafer said:
Between month-end close, and having my house all torn apart, I'll try to get it done... If I can even find my scanner underneath all of the dust.

:p
take our your digital camera and snap a picture of it. no need for the fancy scanner. :)

· Registered
2,894 Posts
Re: damn lexus

ChrisTO said:
There are a good number of BMWs around where I live, but the number of Lexus cars seems to far outshadow the number of BMWs. They are everywhere here (here being far north Dallas).

Unfortunately my wife was turned off by the laissez faire attitude of her dealer (a certain unnamed dealer in Arlington Texas) who said "If you don't like your car, trade it in and buy a new one." and put off by the regional dealer manager (or whatever you call him)- Bruce Reineke- who when my wife offered to PAY for a new tranny if BMW would pay to install it said "You are not worth the expense it would cost us to do that." That is why she won't buy another BMW and now owns a Lexus IS300.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.