Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would my local dealership show there being no remaining warranty on my 2016 X5 that only has 36k miles? I recently purchased this vehicle and have found a couple things I***8217;d like to have checked out that I feel should be covered under the manufacture warranty.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Hmmm, the warranty is for 4 years so the car should still be under warranty. Go to the top and call BMW NA to get an explanation. Something isn’t right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did ask, they then attempted to transfer me and dropped the call.
No, I just purchased the vehicle used, was a lease return.

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,052 Posts
Being the second owner you do not get the full warranty time and mileage.
I can't remember exactly what they pared it down to.
Without CPO I think it's like a year and comparable mileage.

·
where da clutch at ?
2,714 Posts
not sure if it's different in US, but BMW warranty is sure covered over, my new to me (2012) had about 9 months of the original 4 year (bought it at 22k)
and 2 (or 3 years) extended the old 6/160. Never had a problem with 4 warranty repairs.

Also the it is 4 years from the IN SERVICE date, can you post your VIN, we can check the in service date then but yes it should be up to 2020

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,052 Posts
not sure if it's different in US, but BMW warranty is sure covered over, my new to me (2012) had about 9 months of the original 4 year (bought it at 22k)
and 2 (or 3 years) extended the old 6/160. Never had a problem with 4 warranty repairs.

Also the it is 4 years from the IN SERVICE date, can you post your VIN, we can check the in service date then but yes it should be up to 2020
In the U.S. anyway they changed the coverage for second owners.
2-3 years ago. CPO changed also.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
warranty is 4yr/50k whichever comes first
service is 3yr/36K (not transferable to 2nd and 3rd owner)

All from the date of purchase or "punched" date

So if you are talking warranty that dealer is wrong, that car should be good until June 2020 as far as service it's done (owner has to pay for oil change, brake bleed etc)

·
where da clutch at ?
2,714 Posts
warranty is 4yr/50k whichever comes first
service is 3yr/36K (not transferable to 2nd and 3rd owner)

All from the date of purchase or "punched" date

So if you are talking warranty that dealer is wrong, that car should be good until June 2020 as far as service it's done (owner has to pay for oil change, brake bleed etc)
^^^ what he said, I was in a dealer the other day, said the SAME thing
in fact, I can take my canuk car to a US dealer for w'tee repair
(not now but when it was under w'tee)

·
Registered
243 Posts
The original limited factory warranty of a new BMW transfers to the second owner.
As of January, 2014, a CPO warranty added to the original factory warranty does not transfer by private party, only through a dealer.

·
where da clutch at ?
2,714 Posts
My 2nd to me car, which had 9 months (of the 4 years) and extended 3/160 was totally transferable, sales guy said so and in the documentation also said so and mine is about 4 years old to me
was bmw ext wtee

The original limited factory warranty of a new BMW transfers to the second owner.
As of January, 2014, a CPO warranty added to the original factory warranty does not transfer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My 2nd to me car, which had 9 months (of the 4 years) and extended 3/160 was totally transferable, sales guy said so and in the documentation also said so and mine is about 4 years old to me
was bmw ext wtee
Yes, it is transferable through a dealer only, not a private sale.

·
where da clutch at ?
2,714 Posts
If I sold my car with the ext w'tee it would be, I checked the paperwork and confirmed what the dealer also told me,one of the selling points of buying the extended w'tee and the original w'tee

Yes, it is transferable through a dealer only, not a private sale.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So, you are talking about an extended warranty that you purchased. That is different than a CPO extended warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone help me as well to check the in-service date? VIN: WBA4J5C54JBF07069

It's a 2018 BMW 440i "factory demo" with 2300 miles. When I originally talked to the manager it was a "new" car with full warranty (4 yr/50K miles) plus 1 additional year with unlimited miles as they were selling it as CPO. They are asking $41.5K. Then I get to financing to run past their "legal obligation to inform me of their warranty packages" and suddenly the car is used, no 3 yr/36K mile service included, in-service date was Sept 2017 (warranty expires in Sept 2021), and no CPO. Without these benefits then it's just an overpriced used car, no? KBB lists it at $34K. This would be a purchase as it is too old to lease.

Any opinions and help?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Can someone help me as well to check the in-service date? VIN: WBA4J5C54JBF07069

It's a 2018 BMW 440i "factory demo" with 2300 miles. When I originally talked to the manager it was a "new" car with full warranty (4 yr/50K miles) plus 1 additional year with unlimited miles as they were selling it as CPO. They are asking $41.5K. Then I get to financing to run past their "legal obligation to inform me of their warranty packages" and suddenly the car is used, no 3 yr/36K mile service included, in-service date was Sept 2017 (warranty expires in Sept 2021), and no CPO. Without these benefits then it's just an overpriced used car, no? KBB lists it at $34K. This would be a purchase as it is too old to lease.

Any opinions and help?
Why are they not giving you the CPO extended warranty when the sales manager stated that it was a CPO? Is it listed as a CPO on their website? I ran the VIN and it looks like the car has nice options, such as M sport package, etc. I ran a comparison of other comparables and the price looks fair. Not sure how the KBB arrived at that number.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts