Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why are they not giving you the CPO extended warranty when the sales manager stated that it was a CPO? Is it listed as a CPO on their website? I ran the VIN and it looks like the car has nice options, such as M sport package, etc. I ran a comparison of other comparables and the price looks fair. Not sure how the KBB arrived at that number.
The manager was off yesterday so I was not able to talk to him. This was the conversation I had with the guy in finance who was trying to sell me extended warranty, maintenance, wheels and tire protection, etc. I think he was being a little shifty to try to squeeze some money out of me. I am going to talk to the sales manager this afternoon but just wanted to gain a few facts before I spoke with him. My dealings with the manager so far have been on the up and up. Yesterday their website changed the listing from "new CPO" to "used."

The KBB was if this vehicle was used; hence the big discrepancy if this car is actually considered used. And it's never been titled.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The manager was off yesterday so I was not able to talk to him. This was the conversation I had with the guy in finance who was trying to sell me extended warranty, maintenance, wheels and tire protection, etc. I think he was being a little shifty to try to squeeze some money out of me. I am going to talk to the sales manager this afternoon but just wanted to gain a few facts before I spoke with him. My dealings with the manager so far have been on the up and up. Yesterday their website changed the listing from "new CPO" to "used."

The KBB was if this vehicle was used; hence the big discrepancy if this car is actually considered used. And it's never been titled.
There are others on this list who are better versed on how the "factory demos" are processed and hopefully they will offer some information to you. It seems to me that the date of initial service would be the date that the car was given to the person doing the demonstration. I don't think they can present a car as "new" after it has been driven 2300 miles as a demo.
My main concern would be not giving you the extra year warranty as a CPO. There is a strict process to sell as a CPO a BMW and my concern would be that, for some reason, it did not qualify.
You are correct in your observation about finance managers. Their job is to sell as many "add-ons" as they can, taking advantage of the ebullient frame of mind of a car buyer.
BTW, "New Certified Pre-Owned" is an oxymoron. Best to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree on the oxymoron comment... 2,300 miles is used no matter how they try to sell it. I guess they were emphasizing the fact that it has never been titled and then they noticed their mistake and corrected their online ad. If they won't offer CPO then I'm not interested because that's a whole year of warranty and would be suspicious if not offered especially if nothing is reported in the disclosure agreement.

Thanks!!

·
Constantly Learning
2,013 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts