Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting the Star Spoke 69 wheels for my 330Cic.

The size is 18" x 8.5" all around.

Anybody have 8.5's all around? How does it look?

What size wheels should I get? 225? 235? 245?

Should I get wider tires for the back wheels?

Any help would be appreciated. I was told these X5 wheels will fit the E46 models. I do not know much about tire sizes.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I am going to supress my natural urge to rip you a new one and assume you are just un-informed...

Those wheels will not fit your car, period. Whoever told you that it fits is either trying to take you for a ride or is very un-informed.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hack - I am not sure what you mean exactly when you say that they won't fit. I have the factory 18" option and the rears are 8.5" with 255s, front are the usual 8" with 225s.

20,210 Posts
FlyingToaster said:
Hack - I am not sure what you mean exactly when you say that they won't fit. I have the factory 18" option and the rears are 8.5" with 255s, front are the usual 8" with 225s.
one word: offsets

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
FlyingToaster said:
Again, I'm going to supress all my natural urges and say something that you will NEVER hear me say again...

It's not the size that matters. :D

You can try the 16X7 wheels (if they even make that for the X5), but NONE of the X5 wheels will fit any of the E46es, period. Be it offset, lug patterns/depth, whatever.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
That's not entirely correct. ET42 is a valid 18x8.5 size for a E53, and given that PCD and centerbore are the same (and presumably they are, as modern BMWs are the same (except for E39s) in those respects, a 'X5' wheel in 18x8.5ET42 should work.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Okay, let me rephrase that...NO OEM BMW X5 wheels will fit the E46?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts