BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sisters 2005 Bmw X 5 Jeep Was Stolen 2 Weeks Ago, She Had All The Keys For The Jeep , 2 Original Bmw Remote Diamond Keys, And The Plastic Key.
The Jeep Was Found Today By The Police Parked Up In A Housing Estate With The Doors Locked.
Ther Was No Damage To The Locks , Or The Ignition , It Was Obviously Unlocked And Started With A Bmw Key !! As My Sister Had All The Keys How Did They Steal It, My Questions Are The Fowwowing

1) Would It Be Possible For Some One To Replicate A Key With The Vin Number That Is Displayed And Easily Read On The Lower Dash

This Info May Help ,when We Collected The Jeep Ther Was A Piece Of A Key Tag
Lying On The Drivers Side Of Floor, It Was Broken In Half , It Was Made Of Light Red Plastic And Said Something About Activating The Alarm On One Side And French On The Other Side (maybe A New Dealer Key Has This Type Of A Tag)
It Is A Mystery How The Jeep Was Taken As I Thought It Was Not Possible To Steal These Jeeps Explanations Welcome Thanks Aiden

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cant explain the plastic tabs. How about a tow truck. There have been reports of tow trucks cruising around, some of them looking for a target. They tow them and park them momentarily to cool down, them chop them up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
1) Is it a Jeep or is it a BMW X5??!!!

2) Do you have a picture of this "Plastic" so we can better help you??
When this guy from Ireland said "Jeep", I guess he really meant "SUV".

Not surprised. In many countries, the word "Jeep" has been used as a generic name, not the specific brand name we use in US. Don't be confused if you hear something like "a BMW Jeep" or "a Jeep made by Toyota".

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
When this guy from Ireland said "Jeep", I guess he really meant "SUV".

Not surprised. In many countries, the word "Jeep" has been used as a generic name, not the specific brand name we use in US. Don't be confused if you hear something like "a BMW Jeep" or "a Jeep made by Toyota".
+1 Welcome aboard aiden!! :roundel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts