BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise in advance if this question has already been addressed, but I have searched these pages and all over the net. I have a bluetooth module fitted in the boot of my newly acquired X3 (UK), but there's no telephone option appearing on my dash screen even when I press and hold the sneezing man in the centre console and od the key one click. Nothing pairs. My phone doesn't pick up the device. Nothing. I have disconnected and reconnected the bluetooth module connector and still nothing. I was going to just bypass this problem by just using my old Aux bluetooth connection, but there's no AUX port anywhere to be found. Attached are some pics. Anyway I can get around this issue with a cheap BT online.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Just surprised that the display still won't show any telephone menu. Guess the module updates the display then with the additional menu item. Are there alternatives to this module without getting into rewiring?

·
Registered
2008 BMW X3
1,043 Posts
I have a working Bluetooth module in my car but have unplugged it. I will check if it shows up in the display this afternoon.

the best but expensive solution is this:

It will give you Bluetooth calling as well as being able to play music from your phone.

·
Registered
2008 BMW X3
1,043 Posts
If you just want Bluetooth phone call functionality the stock module is your best bet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the feedback. Such a pity. I bought a £10 bluetooth unit on ebay for my previous car and plugged it into the AUX and it did everything I wanted beautifully. Here I go to a BMW and suddenly everything seems be overly complicated and expensive. I might consider those radio frequency-bluetooth units which will do the job just the same and save me a ton of money. Suppose you have to take the bad with the good. Pls do still let me know about your display. And thank you for the help.

·
Registered
2008 BMW X3
1,043 Posts
Most x3s came with an auxiliary input. Some didn’t.
You can retrofit one:

Using the bmw part number 82110149390 you could probably find a local reseller.

·
BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
4,380 Posts

·
Registered
2008 BMW X3
1,043 Posts
I checked my car and with the Bluetooth module unplugged there are no options or settings for it showing up on the nav screen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I checked my car and with the Bluetooth module unplugged there are no options or settings for it showing up on the nav screen
Thank you Tim for all your feedback. I'll come back and give feedback once I've found an alternative.

·
Registered
2008 BMW X3
1,043 Posts
If you end up getting a used Bluetooth module the pairing number is the PK number written on the top. For example your current pairing number is 2411. You have to type it into your phone fairly quickly upon turning your car on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts