BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I am in the market for a change of car and have stumbled across a 2010 X5 m with many many miles (+9x,xxx)

The MSRP was around $98 and comes fully loaded with cold weather, heat, leather, & a few other packages including Heads up display. Paint and interior still looks beautiful. No accidents. Unsure on changes of ownership.

Its priced at around $28 and seems to be purchased through auction

:thumbup:

Now knowing that it has high mileage and a turbo engine, i imaging there's a lot of carbon build up and internal wear. perhaps will need new control arms, engine mounts, gaskets, maybe even a new exhaust. I'm hoping we can take it to BMW to see when the changed spark plugs, hoses, belts, etc.

I'd like this car if I can still push it hard.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
238 Posts
28 for 90k+ miles isn't bad at all. Have it inspected by a good mechanic to look for any faults before pulling the trigger. Look around the forum for some common symptoms of the M, check out the regular E70 forums as well for some more insight on common problems with the E70 base as well. Also try and set aside a fund for repairs or get a warranty just in case (repairs can get really pricey, especially on an M so be prepared).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts