Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Any one has a 2016 X5 40e battery drain from 100 percent to only one bar in 10 km driving in Auto e drive flat road in traffic average speed 25 to 30 km ph
What could be the issue you thoughts thanks

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,223 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

The alternator isn't working at all, and the battery is severely weakened. It may read 100% charged when you start out, but it actually has almost no capacity. Fix the alternator, replace the battery. Get the system LOAD TESTED before (to confirm what I've said) and after (to confirm it's really fixed). A battery in good condition that drains to near dead in 10km would smoke some of the wiring. That's a tremendous short.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X 5 40e

Hi Hornhospital
Appreciate your advice and took it to the BMW agent
There is NO alternator in the 40e it has a transformer that charges the two Auxiliary batteries from the high voltage bat.
They did a complete scan and all the cells (6x16) of the hybrid bat was good and also both the aux bat had a charge of 95% and 87% .
So I was told that driving in sport mode and Auto edrive modes was the best way to save the bat but there was a fuel consumption of 10k /L but if you drive solely on a fully charged bat 100% in auto and Eco pro mode The reality is you will get a max of 20km and a battery depletion fast
I know that BMW claims much more but in reality it does not happen
So there was nothing really wrong with the batteries but it was the different modes Of driving drive/sport that show this depletion of the battery at different rates if not properly understood

1 - 3 of 3 Posts