BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2007 BMW X5 E70 that is now not starting. It cranks but that***8217;s it. I have been attempting to do some programming/coding and it continues to go downhill as I try different methods. So this all started when I replaced the SZL which has the DSC in it. I did some research and found that the disc needs to be coded with the correct vin in order for the vehicle to recognize it but in my ignorance and lack of patience I have created a major storm and I need big help quickly. I do have team viewer, ista/d and p, NCS expert, Toolset 32, etc. and my cable is the k+dcan usb.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,849 Posts
ouch. Try the coding forum....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure the air cleaner housing is on and the mass air flow sensor is plugged into the sensor on there. Otherwise it'll just turn over and won't ever start. (learned this the hard way.)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Make sure the air cleaner housing is on and the mass air flow sensor is plugged into the sensor on there. Otherwise it'll just turn over and won't ever start. (learned this the hard way.)
That's interesting. Must be the gasser thing. The diesel starts and drives (even relatively fine) with MAF disconnected. Just a warning on dash. Learned the hard way, several times:angel:

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,538 Posts
The MAF is not used to start.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,849 Posts
Must be the gasser thing.
Don't think so... DMEs on gas engines will default to a 'safe' AFR map when they don't see MAF signals....AFAIK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts