Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking into replacing our GL350 with X7 40i. It's going to be the family hauler and will be mostly driven by my wife. I am wondering what options and features do you guys recommend and feel are worth the money/upgrade?

Following are the one that I have on my list
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
Integral active steering instead of the whole Dynamic Handling Package
Heated Front Seats, Armrests & Steering Wheel
Ambient Air Package
Trailer Hitch/ HUD/ Space-saver spare
Rear-seat entertainment Professional

The ones that I am not really sure about
- Aluminum running boards - Do they serve any real purpose or pure cosmetic?
- Driving Assistance Professional Package
- 5-zone automatic climate control instead of the standard 4 zones. My children are going to be in booster seats so I don't see any real benefit in getting heated rear seats either.
- 20-way power Multi-contour seats instead of the standard 16-way power front sport seats it looks like you need these if you want front ventilated seats

·
Registered
80 Posts
option to get

Get the Driver assistance pro package, I really have been impressed with self driving capabilities ,even though I like to drive. its a good enhancement.
I only got premium package, extra stuff in executive package didn't interest me

·
Registered
18 Posts
Make sure you take the 5 zone , cold or hot weather package otherwise you won’t have AC vents at the 3rd row AT ALL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
  • Aluminum running boards - Do they serve any real purpose or pure cosmetic? Answer: They get in the way when getting in and out of the car. Be prepared to get your pants/dress dirty. We go skiing so I wanted. It's probably good to have if you have little ones.
  • Driving Assistance Professional Package: Answer: It you want adaptive cruise control, you should get it.
  • 5-zone automatic climate control instead of the standard 4 zones. My children are going to be in booster seats so I don't see any real benefit in getting heated rear seats either. Answer: Standard 4 zone is fine unless you absolutely need heated seating back there. You do get vents for the 3rd row seats. We have it just because ours came with it. I don't see the need for it though.
  • 20-way power Multi-contour seats instead of the standard 16-way power front sport seats it looks like you need these if you want front ventilated seats. Answer: We got it just for ventilated seats as they are a must for us. The massage function works okay but it's very weak. It's better than nothing, I guess.

·
Registered
18 Posts
  • Aluminum running boards - Do they serve any real purpose or pure cosmetic? Answer: They get in the way when getting in and out of the car. Be prepared to get your pants/dress dirty. We go skiing so I wanted. It's probably good to have if you have little ones.
  • Driving Assistance Professional Package: Answer: It you want adaptive cruise control, you should get it.
  • 5-zone automatic climate control instead of the standard 4 zones. My children are going to be in booster seats so I don't see any real benefit in getting heated rear seats either. Answer: Standard 4 zone is fine unless you absolutely need heated seating back there. You do get vents for the 3rd row seats. We have it just because ours came with it. I don't see the need for it though.
  • 20-way power Multi-contour seats instead of the standard 16-way power front sport seats it looks like you need these if you want front ventilated seats. Answer: We got it just for ventilated seats as they are a must for us. The massage function works okay but it's very weak. It's better than nothing, I guess.
I would double check in the 3rd row vents.

Check your packages, you’ll either have a cold package OR the hot package to have those. Or added as an individual option. Non the less. It’s an added feature and a lot of people got stuck with that one.
I have two huge dogs and I refused to take delivery of my first ordered X7 cause it didn’t have the vents back at 3rd. And after a long process we figured it out.

So be advised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts