BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello knowledgable people.

I have recently bought a BMW Z4 (2003 3.0) and cannot stand the reversing BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Please can anyone tell me how i can disable the beeping noise. The reversing sensor isnt too bad but the actual beeping that tells me im reversing (as if i didnt already know) is really annoying.

Im happy to get my hands dirty
Im happy to remove a plug (if someone can tell me where it is (and it doesnt have any other side effects)
or im happy to try a sequence of button pressing etc.

Please someone HELP .......

Cheers Dean

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have you tried the Z4-forum? That is a UK based board and probably has more people familiar with your problem. As Casey indicated, that's not a "feature" of the US cars, so most of us here are not familiar with defeating it (and if it was a US feature, you can bet there would be lots of knowledge here on getting rid of such an annoyance!)

·
Officially Weird
1,637 Posts
I don't know that it's a UK feature either. I think some companies sell reverse bulbs that make the sound. Try pulling the bulbs first to see if it's anything to do with them?

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
Hello knowledgable people.

I have recently bought a BMW Z4 (2003 3.0) and cannot stand the reversing BEEP BEEP BEEP.

... The reversing sensor isnt too bad but the actual beeping that tells me im reversing (as if i didnt already know) is really annoying.
Out of curiosity, could you have bought a Japanese-market car? I believe it's required there.

·
Underway on Nuclear Power
1,131 Posts
I just did a quick run through with my BMW WDS V12 cd. (electrical diagrams) I could not find anything on a backup alarm (even for Japanese models). There is something for the PDC. I wonder if that could be the problem? A malfunctioning PDC ???

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wow, that is something else...I have never seen a sportscar with a reverse chime.....Only on school buses, work vans, garbage trucks, etc....

·
Registered
370 Posts
my friend has this in his 6-spd corolla.
if it's a chime on the interior of the car, it's to inform you that you're in reverse, instead of 1st gear.

i could have used one when i parked the Z4Mc facing up a hill, with a 20-30 ft drop behind me. i had unknowingly left it in reverse and when i got back in the car and started it, i began slipping the clutch to go forward. as the car rolled back faster, i applied more and more gas. eventually my brain figured out what was happening and i stopped before i flew off the drop.

anyways, sorry that doesn't answer your question, but i always park in 1st these days. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts