BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any EDer here picked his/her car up in Munich within 12 months after joining BMW CCA and took re-delivery in the U.S. after the 12-month wait period? I've just called BMW CCA. The rep told me that they could appeal it with BMWNA, but it's better to pick the car up in Munich AFTER 12 months to ensure that there will be no problems. I just want to see if anyone here has actually gotten the rebate under the same situation. we are thinking about moving the trip in mid-October from mid-November to avoid the potential snow season. I became a member on 11/1/05.

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,106 Posts
The official word here is that the 1 year is from join date until re-delivery.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me530 said:
The official word here is that the 1 year is from join date until re-delivery.
Good to know that it's one year from re-delivery in the US. I guess the BMW CCA rep who I spoke with was being overly cautious so I won't yell at him if I don't get my rebate check. :mad: My wife and I really want to go in mid-October when the temperature is relatively warmer vs. November, and I'll have the car back home before the New Year.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is official! Just heard back from the top man in BMWCCA. Yes, it's one year from the date of joining the BMWCCA to the re-delivery date IN THE U.S.

Hello Jack,

<< the re-delivery date in the U.S.? >>

BMW looks at the stateside delivery date as the purchase date - so if you take delivery 365-days after you joined the club, you'll qualify.

best regards,

Wynne

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
BMW Assist

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but I understand that BMW considers the pick up date in Munich as the start date for the subscription to BMW Assist - even though BMW Assist does not work until you get the car back in the states. Coming to think of it, I think I will make a stink about this.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DBU said:
Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but I understand that BMW considers the pick up date in Munich as the start date for the subscription to BMW Assist - even though BMW Assist does not work until you get the car back in the states. Coming to think of it, I think I will make a stink about this.
You should. After all, you "paid" for it.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
DBU said:
Had the same problem, All you have to do is call BMW Assist and ask for Customer Care,tell them your situation and they will correct it for you starting your BMW Assist at time of Redelivery.They also will sent you a conformation in the mail.Good luck
cheers
vern

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
vern said:
Had the same problem, All you have to do is call BMW Assist and ask for Customer Care,tell them your situation and they will correct it for you starting your BMW Assist at time of Redelivery.They also will sent you a conformation in the mail.Good luck
cheers
vern
Thank you - I will. Once again the 'fest proves to be the best source of information for "all things BMW."

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
DBU said:
Thank you - I will. Once again the 'fest proves to be the best source of information for "all things BMW."
...and this forum for all things related to ED! :thumbup:

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,106 Posts
Ågent99 said:
...and this forum for all things related to ED! :thumbup:
Well.....not all things.... :angel:

·
Registered
107 Posts
When they setup my BMW Assist in the dealer my expired date is 4 years from the date of redelivery, don't even need me to ask :)
Just remember to mention it to the dealer when they set it up for you when you pick it up during redelivery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts