BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 535i on 3/15, and the status is still "no confirmed production date". My dealer's quoted ETA is 5/6 - 5/13 (but I think this is a "soft" estimate since still not scheduled for production, and my current lease ends on 4/30. BMWFS told me today that they will only allow a 10 day extension on my current lease (i.e., must turn in car by 5/10), and if I needed to extend even one more day, they would charge me the full monthly lease payment. Does all this sound right?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I ordered a 535i on 3/15, and the status is still "no confirmed production date". My dealer's quoted ETA is 5/6 - 5/13 (but I think this is a "soft" estimate since still not scheduled for production, and my current lease ends on 4/30. BMWFS told me today that they will only allow a 10 day extension on my current lease (i.e., must turn in car by 5/10), and if I needed to extend even one more day, they would charge me the full monthly lease payment. Does all this sound right?
Seems unlike the car would make it by that time if it isn't already in production. I think what they told you is correct about the lease overlap. Maybe it could make it if production start asap and everything goes smoothly.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
In fairness to BMW, you really only gave a 45-day window to order, produce, and ship a vehicle.

I think most people get estimates of at least 60 days, usually more.

That said, you might want to talk to your dealer and see if they can give you a loaner or something for a few days (after you've kept your current car). If it appears your new car won't arrive until well past the 5/10 deadline, then you might need to fork over the $$ for another month.

·
Happy F10 driver
133 Posts
Sounds right. Altough the reason there's no production date could be due to dealer production slot allocations... FastMarkLA is right here. you could always try and get a loaner of anything, or even hire a car in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
In Ca. You would also need to pay the registration. An expensive proposition, so turning in the car and either getting a loaner from the dealer or a rental makes a lot more sense. My current lease is up at the end of May. I have at least one more payment to make. If I'm lucky (since the car is just waiting to ship now) the car will arrive before I need to make the last payment.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer will cover me!

My dealer told me today he'd put me into a loaner if the new 5 wasn't here in time. And registration not an issue in TX. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.