Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is now the second time in 3 months that BMWFS has credited my account $200 less than the amount that I actually sent them. The first time, they cashed the check for that amount, making rectification fairly easy (I just sent them $200, which they credited back to the date of the check).

This time, though, they cashed the check for the correct amount, but didn't credit the right amount to my account, meaning that I have to fax them copies of the check, etc.

Why? I have no idea. Why is it $200, each time? Still don't know. Fortunately, I've been sending in more than the amount due (but, oddly, more than $200 more), so none of this has made them uptight about payment, but it's really annoying.

20,210 Posts
JST said:
This is now the second time in 3 months that BMWFS has credited my account $200 less than the amount that I actually sent them. The first time, they cashed the check for that amount, making rectification fairly easy (I just sent them $200, which they credited back to the date of the check).

This time, though, they cashed the check for the correct amount, but didn't credit the right amount to my account, meaning that I have to fax them copies of the check, etc.

Why? I have no idea. Why is it $200, each time? Still don't know. Fortunately, I've been sending in more than the amount due (but, oddly, more than $200 more), so none of this has made them uptight about payment, but it's really annoying.
your 5's look like 3's?

·
In a ton of debt...
1,837 Posts
Re: Re: BMWFS--starting to be pattern of mistakes

atyclb said:

your 5's look like 3's?
Very good point. Happened to me once before.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But that doesn't explain how they could confuse my written amounts, which look nothing like an amount two hundred dollars less.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Common problem...

JST,
This problem is actually common in the payment processing industry. The credit card bank I work for uses electronic payment processing systems to analyze the millions of payments a month. However we still have errors crop up, but they are few compared to the volume.

I believe atyclb is probably right. Either their system or the person looking at it just misinterpreted the digits. Our automated systems display questionable amounts to live operators for final judgement. No system is 100% perfect.

·
The Darwinator.
529 Posts
Maybe you should try writing the check for $200 less and see if they credit an extra $200? :dunno:

B.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I use the Easy Pay system. I don't have to remember to write a check and waste a stamp. Very easy, it just comes out of my checking account.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
JST said:
But that doesn't explain how they could confuse my written amounts, which look nothing like an amount two hundred dollars less.
I really wonder sometimes just what they DO look at :dunno: . I've had the bank clear checks that I've written that were totally illegible and at other times that I've forgotten to sign, and never had them make a fuss much less ask if the check was valid.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The funniest thing is that there has yet to be an institution that will make a mistake to my benefit instead of theirs. That is ONE thing they look out for...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts