BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I sent an email to BMWNA about having option to NOT get fold down rear seats since most of the nasty sounds come from that mess. Then I ask about having the option of getting Alum. trim and still get PP, since when I ask dealers they seem up and down about the matter. Here was there response:

I am with BMW of North America, LLC. We appreciate hearing you're interested in the new plans for changes in the seats and options for 2003.
The new 2003 line promises to be one of our most exciting offerings to date. Sorry to say, our plans for the model are not as yet finalized. We thank you for your patience at this time.
I hope you'll stay in close touch with your authorized BMW sales representative and our website at www.bmwusa.com for the latest model updates.
P.S. You're also always welcome to call us at 1-800-831-1117.

Thank you,

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Just got the response and no I didn't call. I am sure it would be the same as the email. They will make a note of it and put my concern on the top of a list. 03 details not avail..etc etc

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
sounds like a typical response though I can't blame them . . . it's not like they're going to release the new model info to us . . .

Maybe, we should all send them an email about the Aluminum trim/pp issue . . . maybe it would help them make a change !!

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan F said:
sounds like a typical response though I can't blame them . . . it's not like they're going to release the new model info to us . . .

Maybe, we should all send them an email about the Aluminum trim/pp issue . . . maybe it would help them make a change !!
Hey alan, I wish I could get everyone on here to email them about that...maybe it would make a difference?! ?

·
O.G.
8,376 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
well, I sent an email to BMWNA about having option to NOT get fold down rear seats since most of the nasty sounds come from that mess.
Isn't that an option already? The only reason I got fold-down seats is because I got the Cold Weather package, and even then I could have just ordered the Heated seats if I didn't want the fold down seats. BTW, I have not had any sounds come from the back seat area. :yikes:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: BMWNA response

Spiderm0n said:

Isn't that an option already? The only reason I got fold-down seats is because I got the Cold Weather package, and even then I could have just ordered the Heated seats if I didn't want the fold down seats. BTW, I have not had any sounds come from the back seat area. :yikes:
naw, its a coupe thing... and fold down is not a option, you get them..even if you dont want them

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: BMWNA response

Chris330ci said:

My rear seats make alot of noise... :mad:
yea, i know how you feel..i've lubed, and greased till i'm sick of it..it dont work anyway.i found its not as LOUD if I unlatch them..I think its stupid they can't make quite seats..my honda accord leather seats folded down...quite as a mouse..:mad:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: BMWNA response

CCs328Ci said:

you're car is looking good by the way....must be the wheels like mine and the color :thumbup:
Thanks, it should. That pic is from 3 days after delivery ... taken late last March. :D The wax is starting to go, so a full detail is in order ASAP. Hope to take some pics of my platinum gal by the muddy Charles soon. :thumbup:

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
what? you're forced to order fold down rear seats? my car has PP and SP and I made sure NOT to get the folding seats because I wanted the more rigid chassis.

sheesh! who needs rear shock tower braces when you have a big steel plate? :D

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
31st330i said:
what? you're forced to order fold down rear seats? my car has PP and SP and I made sure NOT to get the folding seats because I wanted the more rigid chassis.

sheesh! who needs rear shock tower braces when you have a big steel plate? :D

forced is the word :thumbdwn:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts