BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
It seems the urban areas have gotten used to the lights (at least where I live). I think I've only gotten flashed once or twice since I got the car. When I was in backwoods, have no-clue where civilization went, PA though a couple months ago I was flashed a lot. People seem to be getting used to them, and just like the article says, I think SUV lights are way worse than xenons and something does need to be done with them . :mad:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Well dammit, if they had an auto-dimming mirrors like me they wouldn't have a problem! :p Give me Xenons or give me death! :lmao:

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Have you seen the Bi-Xenons on the 2002 ML500's?

They are unbelievably bright! What a nuisance I'm going to create why I retrofit them into my wife's ML320.

People will get out of the way quicker with those suckers blaring! :D :D

·
600 Posts
i'm probably in the minority here, but...

if it's adversely affecting other drivers' vision, maybe they have a point. taking the attitude that it's their problem or that they're jealous doesn't sound very different from the SUV owners' response to complaints about how dangerous their vehicles are.

and just because there are no current laws being broken doesn't make it right either.

kurt

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't think it is really "adversely affecting other drivers' vision", it's just that the lights are "different". Just like the article said about halogen lights, when they came out everybody complained about them and how bright they were.:cry: They wanted the ban halogen lights back in the '70's. Personally, xenon lights don't bother me and I find that the lights that do bother me more are the regular old halogens that are aimed wrong and shine right into my eyes.:thumbdwn: The other lights that are annoying are the fake-xenon look-a-like lights - they serve no night vision enhancement other than to make it look like you have xenons. Those things are what needs to be taken care of. I really think though that as more and more affordable cars (i.e. Nissan) come equipped with Xenon lights and they become the norm, most of the complaints will subside just as they did with halogen lights. But hey what do know??:dunno:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a hard time believing that its BMW's HID that is the problem. I find the S2000 HID to be annoying.

My xenons have a well defined line where the beam is hits the pavement in front of my car. With my last car the halogen lights used to light up the inside of the car in front of me when I pulled up behind at a traffic signal. With the xenons, the inside of the car in front of me is completely dark. The beam strikes BELOW the other guys rear window.

I love my xenons. I wouldn't buy another car without them if i have a choice. xenon is the future. Resistance is futile. :)

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pod13 said:

My xenons have a well defined line where the beam is hits the pavement in front of my car. With my last car the halogen lights used to light up the inside of the car in front of me when I pulled up behind at a traffic signal. With the xenons, the inside of the car in front of me is completely dark. The beam strikes BELOW the other guys rear window.
I think that's why the state Patrol said "Properly adjusted Xenons.."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.