BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes yes we all know these lists are subjective bla bla but it's still interesting and from my personal experience it's definetly been the case, but it doesn't mean that everyone has had as many issues as me.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/07/the-carbrandswith-the-highest-maintenance-costs-over-time/
Interesting, but not a big surprise seeing BMW and Mercedes at the top. I am a little surprised that Acura and Infiniti are so far from their parent companies Honda and Nissan.

·
Aleks
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, but not a big surprise seeing BMW and Mercedes at the top. I am a little surprised that Acura and Infiniti are so far from their parent companies Honda and Nissan.
Yeah that is supprising to me as well especially since they share so many parts. One can only assume that the dealers are gouging the customers.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeah that is supprising to me as well especially since they share so many parts. One can only assume that the dealers are gouging the customers.
I'd hazard to guess, that is the most likely case. Truth be told, most premium car buyers end up going back to the dealer for most services, and frankly, that will ALWAYS be more expensive.

Like many other cars, if you can find a good independent mechanic that knows his stuff, you can get away with a much lower cost of ownership with regards to BMW's.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
When it comes to luxury, the numbers of parts built in a car increases. Therefore more chance for something to break. Honda is as simple as a nail compared to an Acura.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I'd hazard to guess, that is the most likely case. Truth be told, most premium car buyers end up going back to the dealer for most services, and frankly, that will ALWAYS be more expensive.

Like many other cars, if you can find a good independent mechanic that knows his stuff, you can get away with a much lower cost of ownership with regards to BMW's.
That is true too. And the price for the premium.

BMW and Peugeot designed an engine together, the internal parts are exactly the same. You can fix that BMW engine buying parts from Peugeot for 1/3 of the BMW prices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts