BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
No, it just means that some models won't have the lease deals that would normally be offered.

Look no further than the M3 and X6 residuals.
It's still good news for used bmw buyers.

Hasn't m3 residuals always been worse than non-m 3's? Same with bmw's top of the line models where the x6 should be compared to the 7 series. I'm sure residuals will drop across the line but I never expected the new m3 and x6 residual to be good.

·
Registered
182 Posts
consumeraffairs.com

IF you read any of the blogs by consumeraffairs.com they strictly advise DO NOT buy used bmw from 2000 or 2001

REASON?

Cannot engage reverse, $13000 transmission repair bills on 3 series, 5 series and suv

·
And a Triumph TR6, too!
38 Posts
Crap... and here I thought my MF would go down due to ordering an xi in the spring!

I wonder... since I am "locked in" with my order, can my resid change before I take delivery?

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Crap... and here I thought my MF would go down due to ordering an xi in the spring!

I wonder... since I am "locked in" with my order, can my resid change before I take delivery?
You are locked for 60 days.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
IF you read any of the blogs by consumeraffairs.com they strictly advise DO NOT buy used bmw from 2000 or 2001

REASON?

Cannot engage reverse, $13000 transmission repair bills on 3 series, 5 series and suv
I think you need to remove a zero. :rofl: And the trans issue isn't all that widespread, and only affects automatics from what I've heard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts