BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my luck has it that the splash guard decided to fall off on my way to work on the highway. I have found I replacement and ordered it but it doesn’t come with the bolts that the old one has. What are my options for this?

Owning a BMW is always interesting

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,538 Posts
RealOEM for description, then hardware store for size, thread standard and material.

Thanks for reminding me that I saw one standing proud the other day.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think my luck might be turning, I just found someone selling sets of the bolts as well as the clips on ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While this is still relevant, is there any danger to driving with the panel missing. It should only be less than a week until it arrives

·
Registered
41 Posts
Been driving without one for the last 18 months because my 540i didn't come with one when I bought it. It's definitely preferable to have it on. It's nice to keep your engine from getting road grit on it, but about the only thing that happens that I've noticed is that whenever I go through a puddle, my serpentine belt squeals from having the water splash on it. You'll be fine to drive it until the new one arrives.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Mine didnt have, been like that for almost three years and who knows how many years before that. I dont notice any problems or dirt really but then again, it doesnt rain that much here.
Looks like someone was working on the car and didnt know how, fasteners missing, plastic broken etc. Dont think I will ever get a new guard.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just for s**ts and giggles I went to the dealer to see if they had it in stock and for how much. The parts counter guy pulled it up and I could tell by the look on his face that it was bad. A whopping 700 DOLLARS for a splash guard! Yikes! I knew it was stupid expensive but not that bad

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts