BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to take the Dolomite Road from Bolzano to Venice. How long does it usually take? I tried a few on-line maps; none of them follow the road exactly.

Thanks!

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,189 Posts
If you use google maps, you can drag and drop the plotted route so that it will calculate the way you want to go.

·
Banned
37 Posts
I have no idea but am planning Innsbruck/ Bolzano/ Cortina/Verona as the days drive.

God help the person I sell this 335i to come next spring!

Break in gently. I think not.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
My time

I did this on July 7 from Bolzano to Venice via Cortina. I stopped for about 1.5hr lunch about an hour before Cortina and stopped many times for pictures. Left approx 9:30 from Bolzano and arrived in VIP parking (highly recommended) at the Tronchetta garage around 4PM. I am sure it could be done a lot faster, but I was in no hurry.

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,189 Posts
I did this on July 7 from Bolzano to Venice via Cortina. I stopped for about 1.5hr lunch about an hour before Cortina and stopped many times for pictures. Left approx 9:30 from Bolzano and arrived in VIP parking (highly recommended) at the Tronchetta garage around 4PM. I am sure it could be done a lot faster, but I was in no hurry.
What kind of benefits do you get with VIP parking? And how much?

·
Registered
79 Posts
One of the best drive in Europe, and best place to break in your engine, you will rev up and down all day long, and is virtually imposible to excede 4500 RPM's.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
VIP parking

What kind of benefits do you get with VIP parking? And how much?
You reserve it via email through their web site. When you arrive they will tell you where to go in the garage, which is basically all the way through, almost to the exit. There a person will be waiting opening up the VIP spaces. Same spaces as everything else from a size perspective (which means somewhat small), but behind all cars they place a screen that makes it hard to access the cars parked there. The whole area is next to the attendant's station, so it also has good human protection.
The cost is E25 a day and, because its VIP parking, no discount (coupons) are allowed. The person watches and helps you park the car, in my case with mirror folded and super tight with passenger side against (almost) a wall. This gave me maximum protection.
Once parked you are very near the pedestrian exit, and thus the water transport.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts