BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, had a question, hope someone can point me in the right direction... I currently have limited info because truthfully, I just forgot some of it at the shop today but can fill in more on Monday!

I have a 2008 n54 535xi, and am currently experiencing a "engine malfunction, reduce power " when I'm at wot, at around 55/65mph .... Catch is, only happens when it gets warmer outside, didn't come on at all during our last winter (I believe is a big hint at what my issue is ((around 60 degrees it'll happen ))! Now I know it's a boost code, I just don't remember which one it is.... I completely forgot to write it down at the shop, but decided to replace all the vacuum lines on the car as a first step in fixing any boost related issues....

I do notice the Wastegate actuator rod does had some play in it (not on the Wastegate seal arm, just on the actual pushrod) but taking the c-clip off and changing out the head of the actuator seems like a daunting task...

Lastly... I've replaced the crank sensor, lpf sensor, hpfp, silicone hoses, and I believe I'm missing something, but so far with no avail in what the issue actually is!

End rant, it's been a long hot day in the garage and am exhausted, I just want this thing to not have this issue!
- the car runs spectacular besides this wot at 55+ ....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Can you get and post up the codes that popped up. It'll help narrow down if it is a boost leak (30ff) or another issue causing the cel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
30FF is the original code

New as of today;
Something tells me one of the new lines I put on didn't seat or fracked already >30FC
Autel scanner says oil pressure switch 2F7B

Edit, just confirmed I damaged the rear turbo Wastegate hose while installing it the other day... So therefore my new 30FC...

Anyone have tricks on sliding it into the rear Wastegate?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts