BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Boosting the bmw

1659 3
:thumbup: HEY guys whats up, new member here, just got a bmw like 6 mo ago, planning to boost it, ive boosted cars before just wanted to know the basics of experiance you guys got with boostin these cars, like whats the bottom end hp hold up to? downpipe fitting, what manifold is easyest to hook up, dont look like theres much space in there, i was planning on usein an evo turbo, not sure header, arp head studs head gaskit, aem wideband or innovate, maybe meth injection depending on how lean it runs after the install, i tune all my stuff myself btw, never faidled so far, i just wanna know whats worked the best for you guys, thanks for helping:thumbup:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
hey matt, got another one for ya...

df
Haha, check my thread OP, and the forced induction section on bimmerforums.com, you'll learn a ton there!

Don't use an EVO turbo.
Well, a HUGE part of tuning your own stuff here is remapping the DME. That involves programming. Programming involves perfect syntax and spelling. All I can say from what I've seen so far is good luck Sir.
:thumbup: HEY guys whats up, new member here, just got a bmw like 6 mo ago, planning to boost it, ive boosted cars before just wanted to know the basics of experiance you guys got with boostin these cars, like whats the bottom end hp hold up to? downpipe fitting, what manifold is easyest to hook up, dont look like theres much space in there, i was planning on usein an evo turbo, not sure header, arp head studs head gaskit, aem wideband or innovate, maybe meth injection depending on how lean it runs after the install, i tune all my stuff myself btw, never faidled so far, i just wanna know whats worked the best for you guys, thanks for helping:thumbup:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.