Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking and trying to soak up all the info for awhile, having combed thru bluebee's in-depth post. I have the trifecta with the red brake light, and purchased the icarsoft reader and came up with an "OF Return-pump fault"
Tried to read streaming data with the icarsoft reader, but it locks up when reading ABS data (works fine with engine data).
Modulemasters reworked the module and stated it had a "Code 23" which I do not remember seeing on the reader at any point.
Installed the module and cleared codes. 10 miles later, the trifecta reappeared with "Return-pump fault".
Wanting to be able to diagnose a little deeper, I purchased INPA last night. Figured I might have to use the brake bleeding part of that program as well.
Also purchased a used (guaranteed to work...hopefully )pump off of ebay.

I know the mechanical pump is rare to fail. With the engine running, it seems as if the pump is running when I put my hand on it.

Is there anything else I can check on the return pump fault? Will a faulty pressure sensor trigger this code? Still a little mystified on the theory of operation of this system, even after reading the DSC manual from the links.

Thanks for all the help-Look forward to more learning

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So I found a nugget of gold by RDL here on testing the return-pump fault

Troubleshooting procedure:
***8226;Check of the power supply of the engine relay (pin 2, terminal 30)
***8226;Check of the ground connection (pin 1)
***8226;Remove the control unit for traction control and supply current directly to the return pump via the two spring wiping contacts.

Check of the power supply of the engine relay (pin 2, terminal 30)

Pin 2 to ground should be 12vdc, right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts