BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first post though i have been lurking these forums since i purchased my car almost a year ago, i never posted before because i didnt have anything to contribute to this mountain of bavarian motoring knowledge. now i have undertaken a slightly unususal project, im gonna have a ZEX nitrous oxide kit put in my car. I have ordered my kit and my local indie shop has agreed to take a shot at installing it. i have custom mounted some switches and would like to know what you guys think of them, the first is a keyed switch in the cigarette ligter hole (no smoking in my car anyway) and a few switches in the pop up ash tray. ill post picks soon but i thought id let you guys try to imagine how it would look before you see how i did them. seeing as how im new id like to introduce myself, my name is killerkiko. about a year ago i aquired a Black 2002 BMW 530i with 48k miles. since purchasing it i have put in an AFE CAI and have put in the Bavarian Autosport Power Program and almost 30K mile in it. i have a front german plate and will soon be getting 19" black and chrome rims. ill put up a bunch of pics in a bit.

killerkiko

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
Welcome....and you already broke the first rule....

WHERE DA PICS AT YO????

post them up! :rofl:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Please excuse the dirtyness of the car, i havent had it cleaned in like a month.

So, what do you guys think? :thumbup: or :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
689 Posts
excuse my ignorance but with nitrous, once you have used it, how to do you refill the bottle?? or is it actualy like in the games how it just regenerates it self?? i'm guessing through pressurising air that is fed into the bottle from outside?? or am i on a completely different plannet?

·
10,856 Posts
Bren517 said:
excuse my ignorance but with nitrous, once you have used it, how to do you refill the bottle?? or is it actualy like in the games how it just regenerates it self?? i'm guessing through pressurising air that is fed into the bottle from outside?? or am i on a completely different plannet?
Australia is a different planet, didn't you know?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bren517 said:
If you're serious, My gawd. Haha. No it's not like a game, you have to take it to a performance shop to get the bottle refilled. :confused:

·
Wrenchin'
2,051 Posts
Bren517 said:
:lmao:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sc 540i said:
:subscribes: what shot are you running ?
im starting off with a 55 shot, and if everything goes well i want to work up to a 100 shot with a progressive controller so it ramps up to 100 when i hit the switch and lets me have some traction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
frhsfootball80 said:
ur crazy....enough said LOL
Well.. ATLEAST he is not putting it on a small little light weight hatchback civic that can flip over at any dam second after going like 50. He's putting it on a rock!! :thumbup: Becareful with that! hahaha and tell me how it runs! i might wanna get one of those.. :rofl: The bmw is lookin good too! Very nice slick install on the buttons and key switch... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Who are you going to have tune it for you. I am from the Gilbert area as well "but no longer" and know a couple tuners out there that have done various cars for me that I have built.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ya you'll definitally want a careful tune. YOu know what happens to a engine on spray if the situation turns lean right...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mforce said:
Who are you going to have tune it for you. I am from the Gilbert area as well "but no longer" and know a couple tuners out there that have done various cars for me that I have built.
autobahn autosport, they have an inhouse dyno. they have never put in a nitrous kit but they have done tons of superchargers. so i figure thats my best bet. i dropped it off there today for a radiator hose and control arm bushings, the kit should be in on wednsday and it should be in by friday at the latest. i cant wait....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IanBMW said:
Ya you'll definitally want a careful tune. YOu know what happens to a engine on spray if the situation turns lean right...
its a wet kit meaning its nearly impossible for it to go lean. it sprays nitrous and fuel. so the extra fuel is always there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts